We are looking for a Software Developers to join one of our engineering teams.
At Custom Ink, we are building an e-commerce platform on which you are able to design and order custom-printed swag, and the operations and supply chain tooling that powers our large printing facilities.
Our software is used by millions of customers, and there are plenty of challenging problems to get into. We build customer-facing apps for designing, placing, and managing orders, that need to scale. We build large distributed internal systems for print automation, logistics, and our production pipelines. We apply image processing and machine learning techniques where possible to automate fuzzy real-world problems found in our business.
What will you do?
– You’ll join one of the Prague engineering teams
– Take a key part in designing the application architecture, making technology decisions, and developing new features
– Your responsibilities will range from product discovery, through implementation, to deployment and monitoring
– We want you to be involved in every part and argue or challenge us on a whiteboard
– You’ll talk with your East Coast colleagues on a regular basis. Once the world gets back into place, we’ll want you to meet them in person
What tools we use?
– We use primarily Ruby on Rails for developing new features
– We also have applications written in TypeScript or Python that we keep building on
– We strive to use React and Vue.js for the frontend part of the job, but you can find a myriad JS framework in our older apps
– We don’t mind if you didn’t use Ruby on Rails so far, we are constantly learning as well and will be happy to teach you our stack
– We write meaningful tests and automate what we can
– We deploy mainly to the Kubernetes cluster and utilize Circle CI/CD pipelines
– We love AWS
– We also use NewRelic to monitor Apdex and performance monitoring
What we offer?
– Flexible working hours
– We support home office and full remote collaboration
– Multisport card
– Fully paid certification on AWS
– Education allowance $2000 per year
– Company equity packages
– A beautiful office in Karlín with a full fridge, amazing coffee and an Xbox
– Every Tuesday company breakfast
– Company lunches every second Thursday
– Regular Teambuildings, corporate and sports events (we play hockey, go jogging)
– Occasional trips to U.S.
How to apply?
Include whatever information you think would help us to understand your background better – whether it is your GitHub, Twitter, blog, or anything else you deem appropriate.