Shape the future of commercial transportation with us!
Truck Connectivity is looking to hire you, an Senior Site Reliability Engineer who wants to build our large-scale connectivity platform.
Our vision is to create the future Connectivity Experience for Daimler Trucks and Busses by providing a highly scalable, reliable and secure connectivity platform.
We are looking for smart, committed and enthusiastic talents that want to build cutting-edge solutions. Join us building the new IoT platform to connect Daimler Trucks and Buses and bring them into the cloud. With our state-of-the-art Cloud Vehicle Connectivity Solution, we enable our customers to gain the maximum out of their fleets while facing an increasingly competitive landscape. Our technology will be the driver for new data-driven business models within Daimler Truck.
Connectivity plays a central role within Daimler Trucks and Buses. Many innovative services like MB Uptime, Detroid Connect or Autonomous Driving build upon connectivity and rely on data from the trucks. Together with our international colleagues we connect all our trucks and buses around the globe 24/7 and shape commercial transportation of tomorrow.
Who we are:
We are a energetic SRE team that makes the daily work of the DevOps teams easier by providing them a basic setup (network & K8s) as well as applications for integrated cloud operations. We support the DevOps teams with their daily technical questions and assume full responsibility for the tools we provide: from tool selection to full operations. We work with latest cloud technologies (Microsoft Azure) and use agile practices. We as a team value collaboration, openness, our users, good coding practices, and we do get things done.
· Development and maintenance of micro services (mostly Golang, C# and Java)
· Design, Implementation and maintenance of cloud solutions and cloud networks
· Build and maintain multiple Kubernetes clusters Cloud RBAC
· Automate all operational tasks
· Design, implement and drive new technologies
· Provide monitoring and alerting for us and our DevOps teams
· Support and advice for other teams
You bring along:
· Understanding of SRE Culture
· Ambition to advance technology, to develop new concepts and SW architectures
· Willingness to be on call
· Completed university degree in computer science or a related field
· Several years experience in software development
· Several years experience with Kubernetes
· Several years of Cloud experience (e.g. Microsoft Azure)
· Several years of experience with Linux
· Agile und DevOps Mindset
· Willingness to familiarize yourself with complex technical processes and shape them
· Pragmatic and independent way of working
· Professional appearance, team spirit, initiative, highest quality standards
· Good comprehension and understanding of technical contexts
· Fluent English skills, knowledge of German is a bonus
Optional / bonus
· Backend experience (dotNET/C#, Java, Golang)
· Networking abilities (HTTP, TCP/UDP, VPN, IP)
· Powershell experience