The Director of DevOps will lead the DevOps team that designs, implement and operate Definity’s hybrid-cloud environments. You will lead the DevOps team to modernize, implement, optimize and support our application delivery teams and tools.
The Director DevOps will provide day-to-day leadership and management of a team full-time, contract and vendor resources to ensure that the production applications are continually developed in accordance with the prioritized work defined and the applications are operationally efficient, stable and achieve the defined KPIs.
• Drive DevOps Maturation process and tools
• Provide leadership, coaching and guidance to Managers and team members
• Identify and implement opportunities to increase the capacity of resourcing on demand (develop existing team and build vendor relationships)
• Establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across all lines of business
Experience and Education
• Bachelor’s Degree preferably in any Information Technologies (IT) discipline, but IT Management Information Systems or Computer Systems Analyst discipline is preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of Public Cloud Delivery Experience at the management level
• Experience in all 3 major Cloud providers preferred
• Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in DevOps and Agile SDLC environments. Drive the maturation of our SDLC process execution through strong expertise in process, tools and techniques.
• Demonstrated the understanding and importance of building a collaborative, curious and high functioning team.
• Networking implementation and leadership experience a with focus on Public Cloud Networking including direct connects and hybrid cloud networking
• Demonstrated team leadership and talent development, effective use of lead-edge technologies in support of desired business outcomes
• Proven experience delivering and maintaining high-availability and disaster-tolerant environments
• Set standards of operation in the DevOps team to ensure predictability and optimization
• Implement an innovative development framework to drive industry-leading product velocity and quality metrics, as well as a rapid iterative improvement based on early feedback and evolving requirements. Foster and develop an agile high-velocity development environment to enable effective business development
• Ability to clearly communicate to stakeholders the status of issues and deliverables
• Ability to partner with Level 1 /2 support organizations to drive resolution
• Manage business relationships and expectations by improving Definity’s communication process to keep others up to date on results
• Provide leadership to team members and peers by collaborating with others; articulating ideas and viewpoints to senior management, peers and others; identifying and initiating improvements in process, and systems; managing resources; driving the resolution of issues, and holding self and team accountable for results
• Strong Vendor management skills
• Establish and continuously review key metrics and KPIs, analysis and trends to continuously improvement business performance
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.