What can you expect in this role?
• Contribute to future Guidewire development as a key member of the development team
• Work with business subject matter experts and business analysts to design and develop an approach for the configuration, effort estimation and build of design documents
• Design, develop, configure and unit test Guidewire PolicyCenter enhancements and defects within an agile setting.
• Debug and deploy plugins from predefined patterns, along with using Java methods or GOSU
• Transform messages by using mappings. Design and develop associated maps using XPath functions, including self-defining XML, predefined and undefined data formats
• Help with production support for the platform by analyzing logs and identifying potential problems and defects, and root cause analysis of problems for the highly available business solution
• Support all the above in a fast-paced, exciting environment while supporting regular release rollouts into the Production environment
• Follow design and development procedures, processes, standards and tools that align with Economical’s methodology and best practices
• Apply industry standards and technical expertise to provide sound solutions that increase business results and/or minimize business and technical risk
• Assists in the translation of requirements into a story map
• Ensure that software designs and coding practices result in a high-quality product that follows Economical’s architectural principles and direction and meets both functional and non-functional requirements
• Follow secure coding practices
• Ensures that projects are completed on time
What do you bring to the role?
• University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or a related discipline
• At least 8 Years’ experience in Object Oriented Programming languages using JAVA technology
• 5+ years of Guidewire development experience in PolicyCenter including a mix of configuration and integration work
• Knowledge of common integration design patterns used by PolicyCenter, including the typical internal and external systems that are common (e.g., Claims, MVRs)
• Formal Guidewire configuration and/or integration training preferred in PolicyCenter
• Sound knowledge of writing mapping rules and other business logic in GOSU
• Experience configuring operational parameters such as roles/permissions, user attributes, regions, and so on.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills for solving complex application, data and infrastructure issues
• Outstanding collaborative drive to work with others, within the team and with other teams, on application design, configuration, and performance requirements with a passion for customer experience excellence
• Additional development experience outside of Guidewire is an asset, especially with Java
• Experience executing Agile methodology, working and collaborating within a Scrum team
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• A self-starter with a “can-do” mentality who engages in challenging situations with a sense of ownership and urgency, while being comfortable adapting to changing priorities and juggling concurrent activities to drive results that exceed business expectations
• Experience with Production Support as an asset
• Experience working in agile settings required
• Experience creating UML diagrams
We also take potential into consideration. If you don’t have this exact experience, but you know you have what it takes, be sure to give us more insight through your application and cover letter.