Join us in changing people’s lives by training them to become world-class Software Developers. This is not your typical Tech Lead role, as you will mentor and guide learners towards a successful new career and bring your passion and experience in software development to rebuild how education is delivered.
We are looking for a Tech Lead with experience in cyber-security to teach our learners the importance of shifting security left. You will champion security practices while also having the opportunity to contribute to teaching in other areas of full-stack development.
Developers Institute is NZQA accredited and focuses on teaching learners how to build products, making them ready for employment. We currently use tools such as Node.js and Express, React, automated testing and Agile & DevOps practices. We know that there is more to being a software developer than just coding, so we have built a culture where learners operate like they are in a software development team while learning.
Here’s a snapshot of what you can expect:
- Enable meaningful change by helping learners become security conscious software developers;
- Bring new ideas into how software development is taught in tertiary education, with a strong focus on preparing our learners for employment;
- Learn and collaborate with peers to design and deliver an innovative curriculum, creating an engaging learning experience;
- Keep the curriculum up-to-date by learning new technology and following industry trends;
- Work from home. We take a remote-first approach to all our classes and collaboration.
- You have the drive to inspire our next generation of tech developers with your industry knowledge;
- Ability to articulate software development techniques to new learners;
- Ideally, you’ll have about 4+ years on the tools as a full stack developer, with current industry experience;
- Keenness to develop deeper skills in cyber security;
- Practical understanding of OWASP web application security and current practices in cyber-security;
- Knowledge of Agile & DevOps practices;
- Equally important is your ability to create well-rounded team players as a core part of our learning experience;
- Teaching experience isn’t essential if you’re bringing a passion for sharing knowledge – you’ll be supported by our teaching team and Academic Director;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar areas of study or equivalent work experience.
Developers Institute is a leading-edge tertiary education provider. We’re changing the way software developers are taught, trained and transitioned to the workforce. Our campus is fully remote with staff and novice developers working from all across New Zealand. We have proven results with many of our graduates receiving jobs within the industry.
Our purpose is to help create a diverse, accessible and thriving tech talent pool in New Zealand. We believe everyone should have the choice to pursue a career in tech, and we’re here to support people from their first day in class, right through to their first day on the job.
What we offer:
- The ability to have a tangible impact on the organisation and the next generation of software developers
- Be part of a talented and passionate team of developers
- Provided everything you need for your home office
- 6 weeks annual leave per year
- Your birthday off each year
- 20 days sick leave per year
- Work from anywhere in New Zealand