We here at Security Compass are on a mission to create a world where we can trust technology. We get that isn’t easy, but that’s exactly why we are taking up the challenge. We help enterprise clients manage cybersecurity risk without slowing down their business. This is achieved by building security into their end-to-end processes with our three offerings: our leading-edge software SD Elements, industry recognized cyber security training and our renown Advisory consulting practice.
Application security threats are evolving and accelerating at an exponential rate, and we are playing a lead role to solve this. We’ve built an industry leading product, SD Elements, that helps companies and governments |seamlessly push automated security requirements directly into their development process. The end result is highly secure software. Working with us means you will have the immediate opportunity to make a positive impact on software and hardware security working with industry leaders and agencies.
SD Elements is looking to recruit a rock-star hybrid software and systems experts with a keen interest in DevOps and automation, who possesses a good understanding of software development and deployment. Systems Developers are hybrid systems and software engineers who take ownership of scaling, automation and configuration management. The ideal candidate is interested in bridging development, operations and Linux systems programming.
What you’ll do and be exposed to
- Opportunity to contribute to well-known open source projects
- Work with and learn from a team of seasoned Operations, Development and Administration experts with expertise in automation and scaling.
- Exposure to bleeding edge and disruptive technologies before general adoption
- Your role will be critical to integrating, deploying and supporting platforms for our enterprise customers
- Creating and maintaining documentation on configuration, troubleshooting, design etc
What you’ll need to succeed
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a DevOps role
- 2 years of experience in operations, administering Linux machines.
- Experience with scripting languages: Python and/or Ruby (preferably exposure to both).
- Experience with basic bash scripting
- Experience maintaining a consistent configuration across multiple servers using tools such as puppet, chef or other similar applications.
Why Security Compass?
- Make a difference. Our suite of products and services help make software more secure for our customers, their clients and the world as a whole.
- Have a voice. Be trusted. Our organizational structure and open communication programs create an environment where employees drive the company’s culture and decisions.
- Have fun. Our social events and games around the office are the just a few ways we let loose. We don’t take ourselves too seriously.
- Universal Acceptance. Diversity is our differentiator. We speak up for inclusion. We respect all forms of intelligence.
- Be innovative. We give dedicated time to focus on passion projects and encourage new ideas in all that we do. We encourage disruptive thinking. You’ll be able to spend 10% of your time working on a side-project of your choosing.
- Grow your career. We make your growth and learning a priority by giving a dedicated training budget. We create opportunities to take on new projects in security and beyond. This past year Developers have attended JSConf in Iceland, PyCon, and Full Stack Fest in Barcelona.
- Find balance. We support work from home, have flexible work hours, and open vacation.
Click here to start imagining your future at Security Compass!
Security Compass is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require any accommodation, please inform email@example.com so that an inclusive and barrier free process can be provided to all applicants. All information provided will be addressed confidentially.