Are you passionate about software development? Would you like to see the result of your efforts potentially save lives when flooding, droughts or tsunamis occur? Join our quest to solve the challenges in water environments worldwide in our Global Development Unit located in Prague.
Responsibilities and challenges
You will be working on a new generation of our software in collaboration with approximately 6 other developers led by a software architect and a project manager. The team aims to implement the functionality of our state of the art modelling software using a service oriented architecture and web technologies. Functionality of the software revolves around management, analysis, and visualization of hydraulic and hydrologic data in space and time.
Qualifications and personal skills
We are looking for team player who strives for clean testable code and who is willing to improve their skills and help the entire team.
- Solid experience with C# .NET especially for web development, familiarity with other languages is a plus.
- Solid hands-on experience with other Microsoft technologies, familiarity with Microsoft Azure is a big advantage
- Ideally a Master’s degree (or relevant education or experience) in Computer Science or a related discipline
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience
- Experience with Git version control system
- Some understanding of Service oriented architecture, SaaS, Domain Driven Design, Unit testing, Databases
- Competent in spoken and written English. Knowledge of the Czech language is an advantage
To work at DHI means being part of an organisation that is the global leader in solving the world’s toughest challenges in water environment. We offer you:
- A challenging job with space for your own innovations and ideas
- International working environment with informal culture
- Possibility to see results of your effective solutions applied in Water Management and Ecological projects. Results of your work will make a real difference in the world
- A unique chance to work with highly professional and motivated colleagues from all around the world
- Continued career development with opportunities to utilise, shape and expand your skills and expertise
- Competitive compensations and attractive benefits (flexible working time, meal tickets, 25 days of vacation, contribution for vacation and relax, team buildings and many others)
Prague – Strašnice, Czech Republic
Please submit your application and CV via the relevant job posting at DHI website: www.dhigroup.com/careers
For further information about the position or DHI, please contact Vice President for Development, Martin Oscar Lütken (firstname.lastname@example.org)
About MIKE Powered by DHI
MIKE Powered by DHI is the software brand of DHI. We develop computational software products and information systems targeting a wide range of environment and water related applications. We have development work located in Denmark, Germany, China, Czech Republic and we draw on a global network of domain experts located in more than 30 offices around the World.
DHI are the first people you should call when you have a tough challenge to solve in a water environment – be it a river, a reservoir, an ocean, a coastline, within a city or a factory.
Our knowledge of water environments is second-to-none. It represents 50 years of dedicated research and real-life experience from more than 140 countries. We strive to make this knowledge globally accessible to clients and partners by channelling it through our local teams and unique software.
Our world is water. So whether you need to save water, share it fairly, improve its quality, quantify its impact or manage its flow, we can help. Our knowledge, combined with our team's expertise and the power of our technology, holds the key to unlocking the right solution.