About the Tech Team
Technology powers everything we do at Dialectica – from communicating with clients and finding the most relevant expert profiles in just a few minutes to indexing and categorizing thousands of pieces of information every day. To do so, we are building our own proprietary web application that automates and optimizes the delivery of our market leading services.
To date, the team consists of 40+ people across software engineering, product & design, techops, and is expected to double by the end of the year. Being part of Dialectica’s Technology Team you will have the opportunity to help rebuild the tech product according to the requirement of our internal and external clients and share the company’s vision to roll out more information services software products in the future.
Technologies we use:
React, Typescript, Ruby, NodeJs, Kubernetes. docker, AWS + Terraform, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Gitlab, Cypress among others
About the Role
As a DevOps Engineer you will collect and analyze business requirements, design, develop, test and deploy software solutions.
The main objective will be to deliver infrastructure related solutions to boost operation productivity and improve processes.
Indicatively, the responsibilities will include to:
- Maintain and optimize functionality of the delivered software solutions
- Effectively deploy and restore infrastructure, and troubleshoot application issues
- Setup and maintain product architecture and drive technology decisions
- Setup and optimize the CI/CD pipelines as part of the Software Development Lifecycle
- DB design, administration and tuning
- Manage and Monitor a selection of microservice based environments (Development, UAT, Production)
We have seen that people who successfully fit in this position have:
- BSc or MSc degree majoring in Computer Science, Network Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- 3+ years of professional experience as a DevOps Engineer or Site Reliability Engineer (SRE)
- 2 years experience with Infrastructure as Code tools, such as Terraform, Pulumi etc
- Understanding of programming concepts such as structured code, object-oriented and multi-tiered development experience, and design patterns
- Proven expertise with at least one cloud hosting platform (ex: AWS, GCP, Azure) as well as its services, in relation to scaling, storage, management tools, and monitoring
- Excellent ability to problem-solve, debug, and understand pertinent performance metrics
- Extended knowledge in designing, building, and working with Continuous Integration and Delivery (CI/CD) Pipelines (Gitlab CI, Github Actions, Jenkins)
It’s great, but not required if you have:
- Familiar with dockerized applications and Container Orchestration tools such as Kubernetes, Nomad, Mesos etc
- Comfortable with agile methodologies and experience in estimation and time management
Based on values we are looking for someone with the following traits:
- Aiming to deliver unprecedented value
- Strong sense of caring for their teams, to provide guidance and support
- Act as culture and brand ambassadors for Dialectica
- Seeking support and guidance to achieve mastery and great quality results
- Having ownership of their responsibilities and not being afraid of getting things done
- Turning problems into opportunities
- Being open and honest with their team and themselves
- Constantly improving through self-learning and knowledge sharing
Fluency in English is a must
You feel you might not be experienced enough for the role or your experience is on different technologies?
Our team welcomes applicants who can demonstrate their eagerness to learn fast and cover any gaps in their experience or skillset and who are very interested in expanding their knowledge.
Therefore, do not hesitate to drop us your application!
- Competitive base salary with additional performance incentives
- Coverage under the company’s collective health insurance plan
- Learning and development opportunities (e.g. onboarding, Mini-MBA, on-the-job training, Udemy courses and many others!)
- Equipment of your choice
- Hybrid work model & extra personal/flex days and paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause
- Company sponsored team-bonding events
- Weekly health & wellness activities (e.g. basketball, football, yoga, running), gym discounts, healthy breakfast, snacks and beverages
- Entrepreneurial culture and amazing coworkers!
Founded in 2015, Dialectica is an information services start-up that innovates how business professionals share knowledge and gain access to primary research worldwide. Dialectica partners with the world’s leading investment and consulting companies, enabling them to collect real-time information and market insights from industry experts across markets, industries, and regions.
Every day Dialectica works on its aspiration to be a truly industry-leading organization by attracting and cultivating ambitious talent based in Athens, London, New York,Montreal and Vancouver. We plan to have a strong presence across the world with more than 1,000 team members in the coming five years.
Dialectica has been recognized as one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies for 2021 by the Financial Times and as one of the Best Workplaces and a top employer in Greece in 2021 and 2020 by the Great Place to Work Institute.