About the Tech Team
Technology powers everything we do at Dialectica – from communicating with clients and finding the most relevant expert profiles in just a few minutes to indexing and categorizing thousands of pieces of information every day. To do so, we are building our own proprietary web application that automates and optimizes the delivery of our market leading services.
To date, the team consists of 40+ people across software engineering, product & design, techops, and is expected to double by the end of the year. Being part of Dialectica’s Technology Team you will have the opportunity to help rebuild the tech product according to the requirement of our internal and external clients and share the company’s vision to roll out more information services software products in the future.
Technologies we use:
React, Typescript, Ruby, NodeJs, Kubernetes. docker, AWS + Terraform, Postgres, Elasticsearch, Gitlab, Cypress among others
About the Role
As a Back End Software Engineer in Dialectica you will:
- Write well structured, testable, secure code
- Be involved in the overall application lifecycle
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs in back-end code, find solutions to minimize customer impact
- Be actively involved in all team ceremonies, weekly sprints and retrospectives
- Work closely with product managers and other disciplines, such as the front end developers(our front end applications are developed in React, Apollo, Typescript)
We have seen that people who successfully fit in this position have:
- Proven experience in building Web Applications that are robust, maintainable and scalable
- Experience with back end technologies and frameworks (Ruby/Ruby on Rails, NodeJS/Express or others)
- Experience with SQL and No-SQL Databases (preferably PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Redis)
- Deep understanding of software architecture and software development life cycle
- Deep understanding of the Object-Oriented programming patterns and best practices
It’s great, but not required if you have:
- Experience with GraphQL
- Familiarity with automation testing techniques and tools
- Familiarity with microservices architectures
- Knowledge and an active interest in Design Patterns and SOLID architecture principles
- Agile development experience (SCRUM)
Based on values we are looking for someone with the following traits:
- Aiming to deliver unprecedented value
- Strong sense of caring for their teams, to provide guidance and support
- Act as culture and brand ambassadors for Dialectica
- Seeking support and guidance to achieve mastery and great quality results
- Having ownership of their responsibilities and not being afraid of getting things done
- Turning problems into opportunities
- Being open and honest with their team and themselves
- Constantly improving through self-learning and knowledge sharing
Fluency in English is a must!
You feel you might not be experienced enough for the role or your experience is on different technologies?
Our team welcomes applicants who can demonstrate their eagerness to learn fast and cover any gaps in their experience or skillset and who are very interested in expanding their knowledge.
Therefore, do not hesitate to drop us your application!
- Competitive base salary with additional performance incentives
- Coverage under the company’s collective health insurance plan
- Learning and development opportunities (e.g. onboarding, Mini-MBA, on-the-job training, Udemy courses and many others!)
- Equipment of your choice
- Hybrid work model & extra personal/flex days and paid volunteer days a year for your favorite cause
- Company sponsored team-bonding events
- Weekly health & wellness activities (e.g. basketball, football, yoga, running), gym discounts, healthy breakfast, snacks and beverages
- Entrepreneurial culture and amazing coworkers!
Founded in 2015, Dialectica is an information services start-up that innovates how business professionals share knowledge and gain access to primary research worldwide. Dialectica partners with the world’s leading investment and consulting companies, enabling them to collect real-time information and market insights from industry experts across markets, industries, and regions.
Every day Dialectica works on its aspiration to be a truly industry-leading organization by attracting and cultivating ambitious talent based in Athens, London, New York,Montreal and Vancouver. We plan to have a strong presence across the world with more than 1,000 team members in the coming five years.
Dialectica has been recognized as one of Europe’s fastest-growing companies for 2021 by the Financial Times and as one of the Best Workplaces and a top employer in Greece in 2021 and 2020 by the Great Place to Work Institute.