At Displayr, our mission is to make it easier for everyone to find and share the stories in their data. We do this by creating software that makes it easy to do all aspects of data analysis and reporting, from simple tables through to machine learning, PowerPoint automation to online dashboards.
Our Engineering team is at the heart of this mission, and we need YOU.
We’re a bootstrapped and profitable company – no debt, no external investors. In the last 5 years, we’ve grown from 11 to over 70 people, and we have 1,400+ great clients, from small businesses through to Amazon, Facebook, and Google.
We are able to consider local, Sydney-based candidates or even those further afield! Remote and hybrid options are available and you can even work full or part-time. The choice is yours!
What You’ll Be Doing
- Join our core engineering team in a senior capacity and contribute to design decisions.
- Lead a team of 4-7 engineers.
- Use your technical experience to help kick off major product enhancements.
- Code review the work of your team members or peers.
- Mentor your team, helping them to grow technically and professionally.
- Convert ideas to products and features in a highly collaborative environment.
- Help scale the platform and make it more stable.
- Participate in the evaluation of new candidates for the engineering team.
- You have at least 8 years of solid development experience.
- You have previously mentored or managed others, and enjoy helping junior engineers to advance their skills.
- You deeply understand the platforms and libraries you use.
- Your CV is full of achievements you are proud of.
- You are concise, clear, and courteous in your communication.
- You are curious and innovative.
- You take calculated risks and are not afraid of failure.
Our Tech Stack
- Back-end: C#, SQL.
- Supporting systems: C#, Python, R, Rust, Node.js.
- Platforms: Azure, AWS, Kubernetes.
- At Displayr you are not just a cog in the large engine. You’ll be able to see the decisions you make have a tangible impact.
- Displayr is entirely bootstrapped and continues to grow safely. We are not driven by Venture Capital, so we decide our own direction, based on what is good for our customers.
- We prefer evidence over intuition, experience, and “best practice”. We work hard to make the best idea win, not the idea of the most experienced person.
- We minimize interruptions while being open and transparent.
- You have unlimited opportunity to learn new skills and technologies and grow in the company.
- Competitive base salary plus super.
- Flexible working hours.
- Relaxed, grown up workplace and culture.
- Weekly paid zoom lunches with your team.
- Share options in the business (join a fast-growing company in its early stages).
- 14 weeks paid parental leave.
- Select your own equipment.
- Full-time or part-time roles available.
- This can be a fully remote position, (or we can assist you with relocation if you would like to work from our office in Pyrmont with pool and tennis court).
- Training allowance to help you and your team grow their skills.
- Candidates will need to reside in Australia or NZ with full-working rights.
We believe that a workplace that welcomes a variety of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds is important and will only push us to be better. We never discriminate on the basis of gender, age, ethnic background, disability status, religion, or sexual orientation.