In the role of a Test Automation Developer and Test Lead, you will be responsible for the leadership and execution of the test and quality strategy related to edjuster’s product and software service offerings.
As part of this role, work activities include, but are not limited to the following:
● Oversee a small team of software testers as a technical leader, providing direction, guidance, mentoring and support as required to the team members to fulfill the team’s objectives and enhance the team’s capabilities.
● Be responsible for the overall assessment of the quality of the company’s software products, and provide feedback, data, and other supporting materials to management as applicable to provide an accurate reflection of the assessed quality of the software.
● Support the delivery and maintenance of ongoing releases of the company’s software products, actively participate in the design of test strategies, development of test procedures and plans, selection and integration of test automation tooling, and where applicable, the enhancement of test automation tooling.
● Support and use suitable tools for tracking progress of testing, test planning, test execution, and ensure the data is accessible and available to members of the technical team. Such tooling/data should be suitably integrated into the company’s existing defect tracking systems and software development practices.
● As applicable, participate in developing the requirements for the software in conjunction with product management and other key stakeholders of the software.
● As applicable, actively participate in day-to-day software development team activities such as daily scrums, bug reviews, design reviews, test planning, code reviews, release management, customer feedback analysis, and critical issue escalations.
● Work closely with team members in day-to-day activities as applicable to the role, not limited to the purposes of sharing knowledge, learning about existing systems, and reviewing work.
● Support, adhere to, and enhance the company’s software development practices so as to improve the quality of the software products and services offered by the company.
● On an ongoing basis, update technical knowledge and skills through the use of in-house and/or external training courses, reading materials and self-driven research and investigation.
● Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, etc.)
● Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a software testing role
● 3 or more years of leadership experience, including cross-training and mentoring other team members on test automation frameworks, tools and techniques.
● Demonstrated skills and experience in formal test plan development, test plan execution, and test plan documentation
● Demonstrated ability to get to the root cause of problems, search out solutions to issues, and solve problems independently.
● Experience with test automation development and available tooling (e.g. RobotFramework, SeleniumHQ, JUnit, HTTPUnit, etc.)
● Experience in setting up new test automation infrastructure, writing/coding automated tests, and using such tools to generate reporting information
● Experience in using, developing and testing on multiple operating systems (3 or more of Linux, Windows, OSX, Android, iOS)
● Experience with Unix command line tooling and scripting (sed, awk, bash, etc.)
● Experience with build automation tooling (make, ant, maven, etc.)
● Experience with web-site/application test automation tooling (such as SeleniumHQ, HTTPUnit, etc.)
● Experience using and configuring (continuous) build server tools (e.g. Jenkins, Hudson, Bamboo, etc.)
● Experience with source code control systems (e.g. Git, Subversion, Perforce, etc.)
● Experience in mobile app test automation, preferably for Android and iOS
● Experience as software developer in professional capacity
● Knowledge of web site debugging techniques
● Ability to communicate verbally and/or in writing in French
● Demonstrated willingness and desire to learn new techniques and approaches, take on new challenges, and drive forward solutions, products and processes
● Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing in English
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
edjuster is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, age, disability/handicap, record of offences, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodation measures during any aspect of the recruitment process, we will work with you to address your needs. Information related to accommodation measures will be treated as confidential.
edjuster is a property claims market leader operating in the content claims services area. Since its inception in June of 2000, edjuster has established a dispute-free track record unmatched by any other. Through the use of service and software, edjuster offers insurers solutions customized to meet their specific claims handling needs, and with it the ability to offer their policyholders the assurance of Performance Excellence Guaranteed claims settlements.