eGlobalTech (eGT), one of Washington, DC’s fastest growing Technology Consulting firms, is looking for a DevOps Engineer to join our Technology Solutions Practice. eGT is bringing cutting edge cloud technologies to the federal government utilizing DevSecOps principals to ensure quality delivery to the client. Our Technology Solutions practice created Cloudamatic, an open source cloud deployment solution, designed to provision, orchestrate and manage complex platforms and applications. (Check us out on GitHub!)
Qualified candidates should have a strong working knowledge of Linux server administration and a strong working knowledge of common open source automation and orchestration tools and technologies, such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Github, Teraform, etc. This person should also have experience with building or maintaining high-performance, scalable web applications and services using cloud based technologies and services, such as AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
eGT is one of those rare work places that truly embodies the work-hard, play-hard philosophy, and we really go out of our way to take care of our employees. Along with an independent, modern, technology focused office staffed with elite DevOps engineers, this opportunity also provides flexibility and telework options. Our competitive salaries, 4 weeks of PTO, 10 federal holidays, and company paid social events make this an ideal workplace. We also offer 401K matching after just 90 days and training bonuses and reimbursements for technical certifications.
This individual will develop technology solutions to challenging problems by bringing cutting edge solutions to clients and working with eGlobalTech’s DevSecOps team’s strong solution offerings, strategy, designs. This person will:
- Be responsible for the delivery of technology services and strategic planning activities
- Adhere to industry best practices
- Work with the client to evaluate the technical solutions focused around cloud migrations to AWS, GCP, etc.
- Collaborate with the eGT and client technical staff on implementation of the project
- Be responsible for the solution technology components and the successful implementation of the full solution – this may include hands-on modeling, design, configuration, installation, performance tuning, prototyping and/or other efforts required to keep the project on a successful track
- Keep project manager up to date on day-to-day progress
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5+ years of relevant experience in the DevOps space
- Good problem-solving skills and capable of facilitating an environment for creative thinking and innovative ideas
- A strong working knowledge of Linux server administration
- A strong working knowledge of common open source automation and orchestration tools and technologies, such as Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Github, Teraform, etc.
- Experience with building or maintaining high-performance, scalable web applications and services using cloud based technologies and services, such as AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Experience with any or all of these tools: Chef, Splunk, Ruby, Python, RHEL, CICD, Ansible, docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Experience supporting a federal agency in a technical role
- Experience with supporting Business Development activities
- Active Enhanced Public Trust Clearance or better