This position is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining processes and structures to support the Company’s enterprise-wide data warehouse initiative, including the creation, implementation, and maintenance of database and ETL processes for the Company’s ongoing Data Warehouse growth initiatives. This position requires extensive knowledge of SQL, ETL design, Teradata, query performance optimization, data discovery, data integration strategy, and a strong ability to design and optimize data models.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The following statements are intended as general examples of the duties of this position and are not all-inclusive for specific positions. Other reasonable duties may be assigned.
- Works with the Director of Business Intelligence to develop ETL strategies and processes using ETL tools for the
- Enterprise Data Warehouse, and provides ongoing support and maintenance for those processes.
- Works with the Director of Business Intelligence to design and implement logical and physical data model enhancements to existing subject areas and expansions to accommodate new subject areas.
- Performs data profiling and discovery in data sources targeted as growth opportunity for the Data Warehouse.
- Works with the Director of Business Intelligence to identify and resolve data quality/integrity issues.
- Primary focus is to ensure satisfactory performance of the Data Warehouse, Extract Transform Load processes, and data hygiene tools and processes.
- Develops and implements process enhancements that will improve system performance, minimize maintenance time and related costs, and increase user productivity.
- Designs, maintains, and improves load jobs that integrate new data into the Warehouse.
- Writes Ad-hoc SQL queries and performs data analysis to support business needs.
- Occasionally works with vendors to troubleshoot, investigate, and update local databases.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree from an Accredited Institution in a business or computer science-related field (i.e Information Systems, Business, Computer Science) or equivalent experience required.
- 5+ years cross-platform data integration experience required.
- Extensive experience developing ETL processes, required.
- 5+ years relational database experience, including high proficiency with SQL and set-based procedures including experience in data modeling, required.
- Experience using Teradata tools and utilities like TPT, BTEQ ,Fast Load ,Multi Load, Tpump, Fast Export, TD Database
- Admin, Teradata SQL Assistant highly preferred.
- Awareness and past experience with gaming systems (e.g. slot management systems) is highly desired.
- Experience with C# a plus