ELEMENT is the digital insurance of tomorrow. We are Germany’s first technology platform with an insurance license for the property and casualty sector. Our engineering team built a modular and granular product engine from scratch. We simplify the complex processes of insurance right to the core with a digital technology architecture that enables our partners to choose their own path. We have seen how entire industries have been completely transformed by the combination of technological advances and entrepreneurial drive.
To support our continued growth and momentum, we’re looking for a Sr. Full Stack Engineer (m/f) to join our cross-functional software development team. Our ideal candidate is a proactive self-starter, motivated by the opportunity to pioneer innovation within a long-standing monotonous industry.
What Challenges Await You?
- Working within one of our cross-functional teams of T-shaped Software Developers, Product Managers, Designers and Industry Specialists
- Designing and developing backend (Java/Spring) and frontend (React/Node) services using Jenkins on AWS infrastructure
- Applying DevOps/NoOps principles in an immutable infrastructure/infrastructure-as-a-code environment
- Collaborating with our international team of highly skilled technical experts
What Will Help You Succeed?
- Strong proficiency in Java programming with Spring Boot
- Exposure to Agile Methodologies; XP, Scrum, Continuous Delivery, etc.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- A pragmatic and efficient personality; delivering high-quality work whilst keeping business values in mind
- Flexibility towards change, responding quickly and effectively to constructive feedback
- The ability to inspire others through actions
- A proactive approach to problem-solving
- An excitement for learning a lot of new stuff
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Node.js and/or Python
- Strong comprehension of DevOps principles
- Proficiency in running software on AWS infrastructure
- Finance or insurance industry experience
- Sound knowledge of frontend web technologies
- German skills
What’s in it For You?
- The opportunity to be part of a founding team who’s creating a measurable impact on the future evolution of insurance technology
- A direct influence on our products and choice of technologies – we want to hear your ideas!
- Incredibly talented, dynamic and passionate team members
- A leadership team dedicated to your growth and development
- A steep learning curve – our team is a mix of insurance experts and experienced entrepreneurs
- A furry team member (aka our office dog)
- Plenty of perks including a full benefits package, choice of computer, free drinks and snacks, venture outings and company-wide events
- Discounts for transportation tickets, gym memberships, local restaurants and more
- We believe hard work and success deserve to be celebrated both in and out of our office