Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We’re large enough that you’ll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.Job Description
The Core Fulfillment product group is looking for Senior Software Engineers to collaborate and lead in building trustworthy software and outstanding user experiences.
Here’s a taste of the problems we’re solving:
- How can we make it easier for sellers to manage their shops?
- Leveraging Etsy’s unique marketplace capabilities to meet growing demands in the fulfillment space
- Building best-in-class algorithms to provide realistic shipping time estimates to our buyers
- Providing sellers with the data and reports they need to understand how their shop is performing
- Expanding our shipping offerings internationally to support a marketplace that connects buyers and sellers globally
- Etsy is built on Google Cloud Platform, and our Web stack runs on PHP and MySQL. On the front end, we’ve developed and migrated to our own design system, and mostly build interfaces using React. We were one of the earliest and are one of the largest practitioners of continuous deployment in the industry.
We are proud to have an engineering culture that encourages career growth and learning. You can learn more about our philosophies, tools, and some of the challenges we’ve been solving on our Code as Craft, our engineering blog. https://codeascraft.com/
About the Role
As a Senior Software Engineer at Etsy, you will:
- Take the lead on advising and implementing solutions to loosely scoped problems
- Deliver projects independently OR by leading the path for your teammates to do so.
- Mentor and coach other engineers on your team and across the company to help them succeed.
- Usually work across multiple parts of a system, whether it’s front-end and back-end, or online and offline.
You will do well in this role if you:
- Have five or more years of practical software development experience.
- Can optimally and effectively use data to drive decision-making and solve problems.
- Are comfortable working within a large codebase and strive to create simplicity from complex systems.
- Write understandable, testable code with an eye towards maintainability and scalability.
- Are comfortable working on a cross-functional product team with Product Managers, Designers, Researchers, and Data Analysts to maximize the impact of our work.
- Are invested in Etsy’s vision, mission and values.
- Experience with the technologies we currently use is beneficial, but not required.
If you’re interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you’d be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else- we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.