Euromonitor International is the world leader in strategic business research and analysis. A recognized innovator, consistently outperforming our peers with accolades such as
Private Company of the Year (2013). We have offices in 15 countries with around 1,400 staff and a further 1000 contributing analysts in over 80 countries around the world. We have come a long way from our beginnings in 1972 and our products now include our award-winning Passport database, consumer and industrial market reports, detailed city surveys, consumer surveys and books. We also have a flourishing Consulting division. Our reports, analysis and forecasts are considered essential reading by business leaders for their cutting-edge content, design and usability. Euromonitor’s clients include the world’s major multinationals, banks, consultancies, libraries and business schools.
Overview of the role
Reporting to the Chief Architect, you will have Technical Ownership on end to end architecture and solution development right from technology evaluation, running POC’s and seeing them through to Production, while working very closely with engineering and product teams influencing technical decisions, features and the roadmap..
We expect you to build an understanding of the overall application portfolio, business priorities and success measures to design solutions using PaaS and SaaS components, in a DevOps/CI-CD environment using coding practices adhering to SOLID principles and Clean Architecture.
The importance of building a strong relationship with our Technical Lead / Senior Technical Lead, Product Manager and Business Analyst is of utmost importance, as this is the group that will ensure business goals are met.
· You have a collaborative spirit, and can work well in a changing, fast paced environment, while showing traits of empathy, humility and respect for others.
· You are a practitioner of Agile software development, and can navigate the processes of a product and software team.
· You communicate clearly, and can engage with confidence at both a technical and stakeholder level.
· You love learning from others, and can elevate people to your level of knowledge.
· You understand the challenges of cloud-native, and multi-cloud architectures.
· You stay up to speed on new technologies and introduce them to other team members.
· You have a continuous improvement mindset, and understand the importance of not letting analysis paralysis creep in when ambiguity is present.
· You act as both a mentor, as well as an evangelist – bringing others to a deeper understanding of a given technology or best practice.
· You will Research, Evaluate, and Prototype new technologies, tools and products.
· Ensure all solutions exhibit high levels of functional and non-functional quality.
· Develop deep relationships with key decision makers, be an evangelist with customers, partners and external communities.
· Maintain deep technical skills in key relevant areas, and develop a good awareness of trends and competitive insights, while sharing this knowledge with the technical community.
· Participate in the creation of business cases, and provide T-Shirt size estimations.
· Participate in Design and Code Reviews , to ensure a high degree of quality and to ensure Standards, Patterns and Architecture is maintained.
· Extensive experience in full stack software development with minimum 80% hands on development contribution.
· 1 to 2 years of Azure cloud platform experience, or other cloud stacks.
· Good knowledge of Angular and/or other Frontend technologies (ReactJS/NodeJS).
· Working knowledge of Application Security & Performance, and other cross cutting concerns.
· Feels comfortable with containerised deployments, and container orchestration with Kubernetes, preferably within a Microservices architecture.
· Expertise in C# and .NET Core.
· Experience developing towards non-functional concerns, such as Performance, Scalability and Security.
· Good understanding of Authorisation standards (oAuth, SSO).
· Communicative and social – Must be able to communicate well within his/her own teams and the broader Technology teams through verbal and written skills.
· Coordinator building good professional relationship with cross-functional teams spread across different regions.
· Critical thinking – Ability to apply sound logic and reasoning skills to facilitate decision making based on data.
· Culture driven – Dedicated to fostering a culture that is about creativity, communication, cutting-edge technology and the long-term development of staff.