Eversight seeks a back-end engineer experienced with Java to join its small, focused team and help transform a $3.4 trillion market. Eversight is the recognized leader in AI-powered price and promotions. Eversight’s proprietary cloud-based SaaS solution brings AI and continuous experimentation to consumer brands and retailers. Our software acts as coach, enabling market leaders to transform pricing and promotion strategy for the $600 billion spent in consumer goods retail using intelligent, real-time data and insights.
You will impact major feature and new product decisions as part of our remarkably high performing, collaborative team of engineers who thrive on the business impact of their work. With strong team support and significant freedom and self direction, you will experience the wealth of interesting, challenging problems that only a high growth startup can provide. At an exciting point in a strong trajectory, Eversight has strong funding, leading customers like Coca Cola, Hershey’s, Mars, Keurig, and Red Bull, and a transformational value proposition.
- Work in fast-paced environment to help generate ideas and quickly turn them into robust, well-tested, functioning code (including but not limited to Java)
- Operate in a modified scrum environment where we spec, estimate, and divide up work as a team and then manage ourselves independently
- Play a key role in the development of best practices in software design, implementation, and coding standards
- Produce exemplary code and deliver completed projects in the time promised
- Perform unit and system level testing on their application and all affected systems
- Implement all aspects of an application design including but not limited to: high-performance design, coding, caching mechanisms, state management, error logging, scalability, environment configuration, proper testing procedures, naming standards and all other aspects of good application design and development
- Strong ability to self-regulate and problem solve through obstacles in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; maintains realistic estimations and escalates proactively when necessary
- Connects their code to the business problems being solved and translates effectively across business and technical boundaries; motivated to learn about and impact a new market
- Strongly collaborative and excels on a focused team
Skills and Experience
- 1-5 years of software development experience; object oriented design skills and knowledge of website design and usability
- Strong Java skills
- Solid SQL experience
- Experience delivering enterprise software strongly preferred
- Hibernate and/or Spring experience preferred
- BS or BA in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
Eversight is the recognized leader in AI-powered pricing and promotions. Global brands and retailers rely on the Eversight platform to optimize pricing and respond to market conditions, deliver higher ROI on promotional spend, and enable data-driven collaboration on investments. Eversight is generating 10-25% improvement in sales volume at leading customers such Coca-Cola, General Mills, Johnson & Johnson, and Walgreens. Founded in 2013 and backed by private venture capital funding, Eversight is headquartered in Palo Alto, California with additional offices in Chicago, and New York.
Visit http://eversightlabs.com to learn more.