Evolve is a hospitality company with a mission to make renting a vacation home easy for everyone. Thanks to an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support tens of thousands of owners across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner’s business – all while having some fun along the way. Come join our fast-paced growth-stage culture, while enjoying the support of a well funded company – we’ve raised over $235M in investment capital from world-class investors like Durable Capital, T. Rowe Price, and Allen & Company.
Why this role
Evolve is looking for a Cloud Tech Lead to help us imagine and realize next generation serverless infrastructure, integration patterns, and data governance.
Evolve is building a world-class cloud architecture to support our internal teams and integrate with our external partners. This next generation framework is a key piece of Evolve’s mission to build sustainable growth.
In this role, you’ll have the independence to design, build, test, and maintain applications leveraging event based architecture, APIs, enterprise services, containerized services, and data integration in AWS. You’ll be responsible for the design and architecture of systems as they relate to enterprise integration, internal data access and sharing patterns, and our overall AWS infrastructure strategy.
What you’ll do
- Own all aspects of data movement, integration, and API design in AWS across the enterprise
- Collaborate and participate in solution architecture review and technology design meetings with other tech leads (web, salesforce, etc.), engineers and product managers
- Guide infrastructure, platform and service selection (working closely with DevOps team) to:Optimize serverless integration patterns
- Implement various containerization methods (Kubernetes, Fargate, Docker, etc.)
- Stream data to internal applications
- Manage API Lifecycles
- Help define internal and external permissions and access
- Collaborate with data science, data analytics, and business intelligence teams to ensure governed and efficient flow of data
- Help define integration best practices and provide technical mentorship to other team members
- Mentor 3-5 engineers distributed across the United States at all levels on solution design, documentation, CI/CD, and AWS services
- Collaborate across engineering and product teams to iterate and improve upon Application Lifecycle and Software
- Development Lifecycle processes
What makes you a great fit
- 8+ years working on an engineering or IT support role with increasing responsibility
- 3+ years designing technical solutions to address customer requirements
- 3+ years experience with a major cloud provider (AWS preferred)
- Experience collaborating and mentoring on solution design practices
- Knowledge of serverless computing
- Experience creating and connecting to internal and external APIs
- Experience with data streaming technologies (Kafka, Cassandra, etc.).
- Experience with containerization platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
Evolve has a flexible working environment so teammates can work remotely anywhere in the state of Colorado, in our beautiful downtown Denver office, remotely or a hybrid of both! As we grow, we are working towards opening remote opportunities across the entire U.S. We currently are able to hire across the U.S except in the following locations: California, District of Columbia, Hawaii, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
Total approximate compensation: $166,600 – $191,100
For this role our salary range is $136,000 to $156,000, depending on relevant experience. This role will also be eligible to receive a variable annual bonus based on both company and individual performance.
Additional compensation details:
Equity: 50% of salary equivalent RSUs
Variable comp: 10% of salary target
Total Rewards at Evolve
At Evolve, we care for our teammates by supporting their physical, mental, and financial wellbeing through a comprehensive Total Rewards Program.
- Industry competitive pay, including equity in the company for all Evolvers
- Health insurance package options that include 100% employer paid HDHP plan and two PPO plan options for you and your dependents
- Employer-paid dental, and vision, for you and your qualified dependents
Paid life insurance, short-term disability, and long-term disability coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% match that vests immediately
- PTO, sick days, and paid Parental Leave
- Rich learning and development program for Evolvers
- But wait, there’s more… optional benefits offered include commuter benefits, pet insurance and travel perks.
Opportunity: Our leadership and management teams are dedicated to creating meaningful learning and growth opportunities for all Evolvers, as well as providing clear expectations and continuous feedback.
Community: It’s easy to make friends at Evolve. We support maintaining a strong community through our teammate-led groups focused on learning, inclusion, environmental wellness, and more.
Transparency: Every month, our leadership team shares how the company is performing, explaining where we’re headed next, and recognizing team members for jobs well done.
Values: They mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page, they drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company.
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Which value sounds the most like you?
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.