Evotec is a leader in the discovery and development of novel small molecule drugs with operational sites in Europe and the US. Our company has built substantial drug discovery expertise and an industrialized platform that can drive new innovative small molecule compounds all the way to clinical trials. In addition, Evotec has built a deep internal knowledge base in the treatment of diseases related to neuroscience, pain, and inflammation. Leveraging these skills and expertise our company intends to deliver superior science-driven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
For our offices in Göttingen, Hamburg, Berlin and Abingdon (UK), we are looking for dedicated and professional
The mission of the team you are joining is to create the leading software product for life science data analytics. Over the last decade, Evotec has created software for the analysis of cellular data that for us has been a game-changer in drug discovery. We have been using it with huge success internally, and now we are working towards a public release. As part of the software development team, you will help advance and improve this software into a product used by customers worldwide. Join us to shape the future of not only how to treat illnesses, but also how to keep people healthy.
Your key responsibilities
- Implement and improve features for our large SaaS server/browser application: a secure, high-performance and on-demand scalable cloud computing product
- Participate in every stage of the development process and lifecycle of the software your team is building – from design and implementation to operation and continuous improvement
- Work closely with a team of like-minded experts in various domains and help realize new software ideas in an agile development process
- University degree in computer science or similar and proficiency in multiple aspects of software development.
- You are reliable, a strong team player and generally a jolly good person.
- Fluency in written and spoken business English is necessary.
- You are eager to continuously learn and apply new technologies. Ideally, you have experience with some of the following already:
- Python, Flask, NGINX
- R, Bioinformatics and Omics technologies
- Network security, server infrastructure and data management
- Git, Docker, Kubernetes
- MS Azure, AWS, SQL, Postgres, Redis
- A full-time and permanent position within a vigorous and exciting professional team, promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- A diverse, highly international workforce in an environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
- Regular team events such as hiking or BBQs
- Capital-forming benefits, holiday pay and annual bonus payment