Fathom5 builds brilliant machines for a better future. We are an industrial technology company delivering ecologically mindful, security-first solutions to bring about Industry 4.0. Our work requires us to think critically, act boldly, and move quickly.
We are looking for an ambitious Software Team Lead. She/he will play a key role in software design and lead our software development team. You will report directly to the Fathom5 Director of Software Engineering and assist with all functions of software coding and design. Your primary focus will be to understand and improve our DevOps practice, lead the development efforts of small teams, act as a mentor to our junior engineers, and engage with customers and users.
We are looking for someone who is naturally fascinated by the technical challenge of enabling DevOps to the Industrial Edge.
The Fathom5 Software Team Lead will:
- Assist the Chief Engineer and Director of Software Engineering with all aspects of software architecture and design
- Lead small teams of engineers
- Manage and improve the quality of the Fathom5 codebase
- Mentor junior team members in improving their coding skills
- Seek out and claim challenging tasks/issues for development
- Write detailed technical reports to communicate progress on customer objectives
- Develop, manage, and ensure the enaction of development and integration tests
- Attend and contribute to daily stand-up, company development meetings, and demo days
The Fathom5 Software Team Lead will also:
- Be intimately familiar with developing and maintaining software projects with a microservices architecture
- Be accustomed to everyday use of Windows and UNIX CLI tools
- Have familiarity with cloud computing platforms
- Have the ability to resolve Git conflicts
- CI/CD experience
- Monitoring and logging experience with Prometheus or Grafana
- Experience in the creation, use, and orchestration of Docker containers
- Database engineering experience
- Asymmetric/symmetric encryption experience
The Fathom5 Software Team Lead requires:
- Programming expertise – Mastery of one or more statically-typed programming languages (GOLANG, Rust, C, and C++ preferred) with the ability to address advanced programming concepts. At least 2 years of GOLANG experience is highly desirable.
- Clear and effective communication – Written and oral communication skills sufficient to explain technical material to other team members.
- Quick learning and problem-solving – The ability and desire to learn new technologies swiftly and enact decisive solutions in development.
- Passion – A natural disposition and passion for development as proven by an extensive portfolio of effective projects.
- Leads with initiative – The desire to lead by example through effective management skills and proactively addressing diverse needs on various projects.
- Team-first mentality–The ability and desire to work in a team environment.
- Physical capability – Fitness and medical clearance for lifting and carrying network and computer equipment.
- Ability to travel – Occasional domestic and international travel in support of client projects and team goals.
The Fathom5 Software Team Lead will have the following credentials:
- B.S. / B.A. from an accredited four-year university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electric Engineering with a CS focus Master’s degree preferred
- 5-9 years experience in a professional business environment with leadership experience
At Fathom5, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant and resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Fathom5 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We know that the impostor syndrome and confidence gap are real. Please do not hesitate to apply!
Due to the sensitive nature of some of our projects, only US Citizens can be considered for employment at this time. No recruiters, please!