Seeking career-minded, results-oriented Software Engineer who demonstrates excellent leadership, problem solving, and communication skills. Must be a strong team player with a minimum experience of 7 years in increasingly challenging assignments. Background should include design and development experience of responsive web applications on multiple platforms, including both on premise and hosted implementations. The right candidate will have a strong background in Object Oriented Design and development, as well as a demonstrated ability to embrace and apply new technologies and concepts
About our Business:
Join Us! Fiserv has been named to FORTUNE® magazine’s 2017 list of World’s Most Admired Companies. This is the fourth consecutive year the company has been named to the list, which is a definitive benchmark of corporate reputation.
“Our people are the foundation upon which this recognition is based and I’m very proud of their commitment to client excellence. Their dedication to serving our clients each day is what makes Fiserv one of the most admired companies in the world.” – Jeffery Yabuki, President and Chief Executive Officer
About our Business: Financial & Risk Management Systems (FRMS) provides solutions for Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), Financial Risk Management, Payments and Enterprise Content Management (ECM) to the financial services industry. Solutions are offered in multiple delivery modes including software products, customer-funded development, consulting, SaaS and hosted services.
Reports To: Manager of Software Development
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Designs, codes, install and maintain responsive web applications.
- Assists in the identification, evaluation, and implementation of vendor-supplied software packages.
- Work with Product Management, Business Analysts, Software Developers and Solutions Architects to gain a thorough understanding of solution requirements.
- Participate as scrum team member in scrum ceremonies, including sprint planning, stand-up meetings, sprint reviews, retrospectives, backlog grooming meetings.
- Evaluates the performance of installed software by utilizing available aids to monitor trends, loads, and growth patterns.
Analyzes debugging information and applies fix procedures.
- Prepares documentation for use by computers operations, applications programming, and user personnel.
- Responsible for mentoring and directing software development personnel within the scrum teams.
The above statements are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of position responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education in a related discipline is required
Job Related Experience:
- Requires 7 years of hands-on software development in an object-oriented language, with at least 3 of those years spent working in MS Technology Stack.
- Experience delivering commercial software in C# .Net.
- Full stack development with expert experience working in middle tier connecting to data tier.
- Experience delivering highly scalable, high performance and mission critical software solutions.
- Requires 3+ years of responsive web application development experience
- Expert knowledge of AngularJS Framework, HTML5, and CSS3.
- Expert Knowledge of distributed systems, .NET, and SQL Server.
- Expert knowledge of RESTful service consumption and development.
- A superior knowledge of all aspects of responsive web development (i.e. program design, coding, testing, debugging, etc.).
- A superior knowledge of how to document program design, coding and maintenance.
- A superior understanding of how critical project completion is to client satisfaction.
- A strong knowledge of the relationship of how the software being used relates to the infrastructure.
- Ability to solve problems that require extensive data gathering, investigation, review, and analysis to define the problem and then develop/implement solutions, which requires the use of complex analytical techniques and innovative thinking.
- Experience working in Scrum and/or other agile methodologies.
- Understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to interact well with others and form consensus
- Experience with microservices architecture preferred
- Understanding around NoSQL and Big Data technologies will be a plus
- Experience in the financial services space will be a plus
Up to 10% travel annually
Fiserv is a global leader in financial services technology solutions. We're helping more than 12,000 clients worldwide create and deliver experiences for a digital world that's always on. Solutions that enable today's consumer to move and manage money with ease, speed and convenience. At the point of thought.
Our approximately 23,000 associates worldwide are driving quality and innovation in Payments, Processing Services, Risk & Compliance, Customer & Channel Management, and Insights & Optimization with one thing in mind: to provide integrated technology and services solutions that enable best-in-class results for our clients.
Our values are straightforward: Earn client trust every day. Create with purpose. Inspire and achieve excellence. Do the right thing. And continue to deliver on the promise of Fiserv.
That kind of clarity, combined with a belief that change always brings opportunity, is what has made Fiserv a trusted fintech leader and innovator for more than 30 years. It's what fuels our passion for being partners in possibility with our clients, and for providing innovative solutions and expertise that help our clients deliver financial services experiences in step with the way people live and work today.