Based in Berlin and Chicago, we at Fit Analytics – a Snap company – are working together to tackle a single problem: making it easy for online shoppers to find the right clothes size. We help some of the world’s largest clothing brands solve sizing issues, boost conversions and slash returns.
OUR VISION is a world with zero returns in apparel (and footwear) e-commerce resulting from a truly personalized, worry-free shopping experience.
OUR MISSION is to use the power of machine learning to help fashion shoppers buy with confidence and eliminate the need for returns.
In March 2021, we joined the Snap family. As part of a global engineering & product organisation, our goal is to craft the future of online shopping.
Our Infrastructure team is looking for an Engineering Manager (d/f/m) to join them in Berlin.
Their work is focussed on fostering and supporting a DevOps culture across the company, owning and driving various initiatives that ensure scalability and reliability of our services. They achieve this not only through architecture improvements and developing tooling, but also by guiding technical product teams and enabling them to ship and operate services more efficiently.
Your work with this team will be essential for our further development roadmap. Bringing Snap and Fit Analytics closer together on the infrastructure level will help us build products more efficiently and will lay the foundation for some of our ambitious goals.
These are some of the Values the team holds:
Bias for Action: We take on new opportunities and tough challenges with high energy, and passion.
Trust: We gain the confidence and trust of others through honesty integrity and authenticity
Manage Ambiguity: We collaborate effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- Develop the vision and further roadmap for our infrastructure
- Work with your team to identify impactful initiatives that benefit our product engineering and align key technologies with Snap’s distributed infrastructure
- Influence key decisions on architecture and contribute to the implementation of scalable, reliable, and cost-effective engineering
- Help each member of your team increase their knowledge and grow their career
- Be a mentor and guide towards your team, helping them resolve blockers and to identify impactful initiatives
- Demonstrated experience leading engineering initiatives with an eye to driving efficiency
- 7+ years of experience in infrastructure engineering
- 2+ years of experience leading a team
- Proficiency with Kubernetes, Terraform
- Experience with CI/CD as well as Incident Response, Alerting/Monitoring
- Strong communication skills and a highly collaborative attitude
- Experience with GCP
- Experience with Prometheus, Grafana
- Experience with Kafka, pub/sub
What We Offer You
- Hands-on experience with a Machine Learning product that is revolutionizing the apparel & footwear industry
- The opportunity to have high impact as a key part of Fit Analytics’ growth story
- A very collaborative environment fostered by our kind, smart and creative colleagues, representing 40+ nationalities
- A family-friendly company environment offering child sick days and paid Parental Leave
- Regular team and company events
- Flexibility to work from home
- Monthly tax-free allowances (cash, food budget)
- 30 vacation days
- Equity in our parent company Snap Inc.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets.