Based in Berlin and Chicago, we at Fit Analytics – a Snap company – are working together to tackle a single problem: making it easy for online shoppers to find the right clothes size. We help some of the world’s largest clothing brands solve sizing issues, boost conversions and slash returns.
OUR VISION is a world with zero returns in apparel (and footwear) e-commerce resulting from a truly personalized, worry-free shopping experience.
OUR MISSION is to use the power of machine learning to help fashion shoppers buy with confidence and eliminate the need for returns.
In March 2021, we joined the Snap family. As part of a global engineering & product organisation, our goal is to craft the future of online shopping.
Our “Fit Finder Core” team is an agile, cross-functional team of backend, frontend, QA engineers and designers, that is bringing our size-recommender to millions of users, with implementations into the online shops of currently 200+ global apparel and footwear companies.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer (d/f/m) to join us in Berlin and help us to keep improving the user experience and stay on track with industry standards.
As a member of this team, you will design new and engaging features that help our users discover their perfect fit more intuitively. Your contribution and technical leadership will be essential, with a focus on technical performance of our systems to ensure high stability and ease of use of our services.
If you enjoy driving innovation, optimising solutions and sharing your knowledge, we’d love to hear from you!
These are some of the Values the team holds:
Trust: We aim at gaining the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
Bias for Action: We take on new opportunities and tough challenges with high energy and passion.
Managing Ambiguity: Our team collaborates effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear.
- 6+ years of professional experience in software development
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals
- Innovative and self-motivated, with strong problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey technical information to a wide variety of audiences
- Experience writing unit/integration tests
- Proficiency with React.js or other component-based systems (e.g. Vue.js)
- Experience with refactoring large legacy codebases
- Strategic mindset regarding best-practice
- Backend experience (e.g. Node.js, databases)
- Experience with designing and developing RESTful APIs
What We Offer You
- Hands-on experience with a Machine Learning product that is revolutionising the apparel & footwear market
- The opportunity to have high impact as a key part of Fit Analytics’ growth story
- A very collaborative environment fostered by our kind, smart and creative colleagues, representing 40+ nationalities
- A family-friendly company environment offering child sick days and paid Parental Leave
- Regular team and company events
- Flexibility to work from home
- Monthly net allowance to spend as you wish (cash instead of pre-defined perks)
- 30 vacation days
- Equity in our parent company Snap Inc.
At Snap, we believe that having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices working together will enable us to create innovative products that improve the way people live and communicate. Snap is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth and breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. EOE, including disability/vets.