From our founding until now, our mission has remained the same: to remove the engineering burden from data teams by standardizing and fully automating data connectors. With Fivetran, your data just arrives in your warehouse, canonical and ready to query, no engineering or maintenance required. As we watch more and more companies leverage our technology to become truly data-driven, we’re proud not only of our growth but also of the fact that we’ve grown without compromising our core values of Integrity, Initiative, Trust, Inclusion, Independence, and One Team One Dream. If these values resonate with you, we’d love to hear from you.
Fivetran is looking for Staff Software Engineers who want to have a big impact at a fast-growing company. You’ll build challenging new features of our data pipeline service, improve our software architecture, and maintain reliable operation of the service. We emphasize using no-nonsense tools, and take great pride in the simplicity and effectiveness of the systems we build. Our back-end is built on Java, Postgres, and Kubernetes, and our front-end is built on React and Typescript.
Fivetran is the epitome of data-driven-development — our engineering team is laser focused on building a world class product that:
- Facilitates Data Analytics — our mission is to reliably deliver best-in class schemas, and clean data, designed to be intuitively useful to analysts.
- Contributes to our Community — we’re developing tools like Data Lakes, SQL-based Transformations, and schema explorers to empower analysts to choose the best tools, and to make those tools more powerful.
As a Staff Software Engineer at Fivetran you will:
- Create a new source connector within the first month
- Start contributing to bug fixes and features by month 2
- Develop general awareness of all areas of Fivetran’s code base and infrastructure by month 2
- Start participating in our on-call rotation by month 3
- Start contributing to hiring by participating in the interview process by month 4
- Develop deep expertise in at least 5 areas of code and infrastructure by month 5
- Develop a new major feature by month 6
- Lead a major project to successful completion by month 8
- 8+ years of relevant experience
- Write well-structured and performant code (we use Java)
- Able to define project requirements
- Experience designing software and infrastructure
- Work well in a small team environment
- Mentor junior and senior developers
- Ability to identify design flaws in existing systems and come up with improvements
Perks of working with us:
- 100% paid Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life Insurance
- Flexible PTO
- 401k match program
- Pet Insurance — and yes, you can bring your well-behaved fur babies to work
- Commuter Benefits to help with transit and parking costs
- Professional development and training opportunities
- Unlimited coffee, office snacks and frequent catered lunches
- International offsite events, Company happy hours and fun team building activities