The Software Engineer designs and develops the Fortna Warehouse Execution System (WES) Middleware applications in a Redhat Enterprise Linux 4/5/6 or OEL environment. Sponsorship will not available for this role.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Designing and developing the Fortna Warehouse Execution System (WES) Middleware applications in a Redhat Enterprise Linux 4/5/6 or OEL environment.
- Taking strategic direction from Software Management.
- Working with the Portfolio and Project Management Office (PPMO) by participating in project planning activities throughout the lifetime of the project.
- Assisting in mentoring Junior Software Engineers.
- Taking ownership of individual and department goals as agreed upon with the Software Development Manager.
- Providing remote support and troubleshooting for new and legacy Warehouse Control Systems.
- Participating in Software Design Reviews with Clients, Software Project Management, Software Services and Senior Software Engineers.
- Assisting Software QA and Infrastructure Engineers in Qualifying, Deploying and Packaging WCS Middleware applications and libraries.
- Assisting Software QA in development of component and project test plans and test automation.
- Maintaining high-quality project and software design documentation.
- Traveling to Client sites to assist the Software Services Implementation Engineers in qualifying the WCS installation on-site both domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- 3+ experience with C/C++/Java, Socket Programming, RPM Package Manager, auto-build tools, SQL and Oracle, DLL plug-in libraries in C++, pthreads, XML, XSLT and ActiveMQ
- Knowledge of Software Development Life-Cycle (SDLC) methodologies
- Understanding what is important when designing code for time-sensitive, high transaction-based processing experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to project members and stakeholders; must be a team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources
- Knowledgeable in object-orientated analysis and design (OOAD) such as general design patterns and core object-oriented patterns
- Experience with other open-source operating systems and development tools
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and problem-solving skills