The primary focus of the Sr. Software Engineer will be the design and development of highly transactional applications for the Fortna Warehouse Execution System (FortnaWES).
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Designing and developing Fortna WES applications in the latest RHEL and OEL Linux environments.
- Acting as design lead for software design reviews with Clients, Software Project Management, Technical Services and other Software Engineers.
- Working with the Software Project Management on project planning activities throughout the lifetime of the project.
- Taking strategic direction from Software management.
- Assisting Software QA and Infrastructure Engineers in qualifying, deploying and packaging WES Middleware applications and libraries.
- Assisting Software QA with the development of test plans and test automation as part of an Agile Scrum Team.
- Maintaining high quality project and software design documentation.
- Traveling to Client sites to assist the Implementation Engineers in qualifying the WES installation onsite both domestically and internationally.
- Taking ownership of individual and department goals as agreed upon with the Software Development Manager.
- Mentoring Junior Software Engineers.
- Providing remote support and troubleshooting for new and legacy Fortna WES/WCS systems.
- TCP/IP network application design and troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or engineering
- 8 years of relevant experience
- Software development life-cycle (SDLC) experience with a sizeable product/project
- Time sensitive, high transaction based processing experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate to project members and stakeholders
- Must be a team player who works well with technical and non-technical resources
- Proficient in object-orientated analysis and design (OOAD) such as general design patterns and core object oriented patterns
- Experience with some mix of C/C++/Java , Socket Programming, RPM Package Manager, auto-build tools, SQL and Oracle, DLL plug-in libraries in C++, pthreads, XML, XSLT and ActiveMQ
- Experience with other open source operating systems and development tools
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, time management and problem solving skills