We’re looking for Software Configuration Developers to join our Application Support team in Auckland.
Foster Moore is a global software development organisation whose expertise lies in delivering online registries worldwide. Foster Moore is owned by Teranet Inc – a Canadian-based international leader in land registries and we have offices in NZ, North America, and Australia. With over 20 years’ experience in building registries for governments worldwide, we are proud to have built the world’s first fully electronic online register and since then we have continued to grow as a company internationally and have made our mark within the global software industry. We are known globally as the registry people!
About the role:
As a Software Configuration Developer, you will design, code, test, and release, troubleshoot and maintain software application solutions and supporting system requirements as identified in technical design and functional specification documents. You will also be supporting tests, documentation and guides on the implementation and use of the technical tools.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and document software solutions that meet business needs and requirements.
- Code and test software solutions that complies with specifications within required timeframes to the specified quality levels.
- Develop software using languages and tools specified by Foster Moore and as outlined in our development standards and guidelines.
- Ensure a full understanding of the business needs via business requirements, functional specifications, and discussions with Business Analysts.
- Identify and discuss with project, product, or development leaders any issues identified in requirements and design.
- Provide general production support and specific incident analysis and resolution as required.
- Work with operations teams to design, deploy, monitor and support processes and operation of production and supporting environments.
- Resolve allocated production incidents as effectively and efficiently as possible.
- Working to maintain security controls and compliance validation.
- Monitoring operations to avoid performance bottlenecks.
- Develop and execute Unit and Integration tests to provide a suitable level of code coverage.
- Ensure that functional software executes without unexpected errors.
- Ensure functional software that fully and seamlessly integrates into the production environment and/or parent application.
- Strong knowledge of Java is essential.
- Good understanding of database concepts and strong knowledge of SQL.
- Must have analytical problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of web service technologies (e.g., REST, SOAP, XML, JSON, WS Security).
- Familiarity with all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) and defect tracking software e.g., JIRA.
- Understanding of source control processes and tools (e.g., SVN, Git).
- Knowledge of other programming language (e.g., .Net, Python, etc.) advantageous but not essential.
- Knowledge of ITIL and DevOps advantageous.
What’s great about working at Foster Moore?
At Foster Moore we recognise that our people connect deeply to our company values; are passionate about their role purpose and have fun doing what they do hence contributing to our success story!
In return, we pride ourselves in providing a stimulating work environment with a truly flexible hybrid working model, paid day off on birthday’s, encourage a culture of learning & development, we host regular social events, have an in-house sports team, and provide a supportive teamwork culture which also offers great coffee!
At Foster Moore, we will provide you with the necessary training and development and set you up for success!
Please note: you must already have obtained the legal right to live and work in New Zealand to be considered for this role. The successful candidate will undergo government security clearance so candidates who have resided in New Zealand for a continuous period of at least 5 years may be prioritised.