The Embedded IoT Applications Developer will be responsible for developing embedded software for FreeWave wireless products. These responsibilities will encompass all phases of the embedded software applications development lifecycle including requirements analysis, architecture review, software design, software coding, unit testing, integration testing, and supporting system testing. Duties will be focused on IIoT applications that can be used to interoperate M2M as well as with IoT cloud services.
Work should be performed at the FreeWave Technologies location in Boulder, Colorado unless otherwise specified by functional management.
Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Embedded software application development for a range of wireless products within the FreeWave product lines
- Analyze product requirements and customer use cases in order to propose design solutions as needed
- Develop detailed software functional specifications and technical design documents for embedded software solutions
- Design, implement, and unit test embedded software running on ARM based systems
- Maintain close communication with other software engineers, system architecture engineers, hardware engineers and system integration/test teams throughout the design and development cycle
- Perform other reasonably related duties as necessary.
- Must be a US Person in accordance with United States immigration laws to be considered for this position.
- Must have experience with embedded software development with emphasis on networking and wireless technologies
- Programming experience for embedded systems encompassing software design, coding, unit testing and debugging
- Experience with embedded Linux user space software development
- Experience with concurrency primitives such as semaphores, mutexes, task priorities, threads, etc.
- In-depth knowledge on network protocols such as TCP/IP, UDP, multicast, SNMP, MQTT, CoAP and related interface protocols
- Programming experience in cross-compile environment such as Raspberry Pi, BeagleBone or other embedded Linux systems
- Demonstrated ability to deliver reliable software applications for industrial mission critical applications
- Experience with RESTful and management interface APIs
- Strong protocol experience
- Team player with good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to find innovative solutions to complex problems
- Independent self-starter, committed to delivering quality results on aggressive timelines
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with encryption technologies and implementation
- Ability/willingness to gain experience in or apply one or more of the following:
o Cloud Services
Educational Requirements and Certifications:
BS/BA in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
FreeWave Technologies, Inc. engineers and manufactures certain products that are considered ITAR-controlled items under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). Consistent with ITAR, any position at FreeWave that involves work with the engineering or manufacturing functions of the Company may only be filled by a candidate who is (i) a citizen of the United States, or (ii) a person who has been accorded the privilege of residing permanently in the United States as an immigrant in accordance with the immigration laws.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.