At Future, Engineering is one of the major building pillars for company success. As we are continuing to grow the engineering presence in our New York office, you will be joining a team of other full stack developers of various levels (from Junior to Lead) to help them define – and build – the new generation of Future Platform. While our New York team is still relatively small, we always go beyond geographical boundary and partner with our larger engineering organization on a daily basis. As a larger team, we encourage full transparency and collaboration between both individual contributors, and across teams.
Job Summary & Purpose
Software Engineer II is a full-stack development role that is expected to learn, and work with, various platforms spanning front-end and back-end stacks. The purpose of the role is to increase work cadence, bring fresh ideas and work with the team on building out the platform.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Pick up and assist with migration efforts, moving some of the legacy systems to the standardized Future platform.
- Work with primary stakeholders on daily tasks (Project Management, Product Management, AdTech, etc).
- Help with the core platform development: design services, work on definition, collaborate with other teams on implementation.
- Keep improving development processes.
Essential skills and experience
- Expert with PHP and experience with MVC framework(s), such as Symfony.
- Expertise with HTML5, CSS, SASS and responsive design principles.
- Comfortable with Linux shell and solid command of source control tools (git).
- Proficiency in Object Oriented Programming and web applications design patterns.
- Proficient in Service Oriented Architecture and experience working with RESTful Web Services.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well with both technical and non-technical members of the team.
- Superb attention to details and the ability to accurately estimate work effort.
- Motivated self-starter and finisher.
- 5+ years of experience developing web applications.
- Bachelor degree in CS or related discipline, and/or equivalent work experience.
Nice to have / bonus
- Experience working with both AWS and hosted/hybrid systems.
- Working knowledge of serverless architecture and services (AWS Lambda).
- Hands-on experience with various build/release processes and philosophies.
- Interest in functional programming
- Experience with Go
- Good understanding and experience with GraphQL.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV to the website below: