Gaia is looking for our next Sr. Software Engineer. This person is responsible for building the next generation business continuity microservices and is a member of the Engineering Department.
Gaia is an innovative compilation of individuals each contributing to a greater goal – our subscribers’ path to greater consciousness. As a Sr. Software Engineer for Gaia you’ll help us transition our monolithic continuity platform to a microservices architecture. Your experience with the modern open source stacks are key to success in this important role. We’ll also enjoy your talents managing AWS and distributed architectures. We’re an “all-in” team and we’re building something that the entire company is proud of. If you are looking for a solid, productive, no heroes tribe to join then we’d like to talk!
• Designing and building microservices and APIs to speed our time to market for all applications
• Working within AWS and with Node, REST, DynamoDB, Lambda, Elastic Search, Kinesis – making these tools do what no human has done before
• Helping architect the next generation Gaia continuity microservices
• Support what you build by assisting DevOps when problems arise (rotating on-call schedule)
• Stretching your mind to solve problems that even the big guys haven’t tackled
• Problem solving and aligning with multiple engineering and product teams
• Drawing from and contributing to open-source projects
• Shipping code daily and then seeing millions enjoy your work
• Grabbing a mid-day workout or bike ride with your tribe
• At least 4 years of demonstrated production backend software engineering experience
• Expert knowledge of APIs, distributed systems, and modern technical architectures
• Advanced knowledge of one or more programming languages, and familiarity with asynchronous and functional programming techniques
• A toolbelt that carries a healthy selection of the following: Node, SQL, NoSQL, DynamoDB, Lambda, Elastic Search, Kinesis, Git/Github, AWS, RESTful Web Services and JSON
• Hands on experience with TDD/BDD development
• Comfortable working in a mature and deliberate Agile structure
• Well-equipped and skilled in QA and automated testing within a CI/CD environment
• Familiarity with, and affinity for our content is a prerequisite to applying
• Membership in Gaia is strongly preferred
• Must be able to work in our office in Louisville, Colorado
• US citizenship or an existing work visa is required
At Gaia, we believe when enough of us wake up, everyone wakes up. Gaia (NASDAQ: GAIA), headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, is a global digital video streaming service and online community that provides curated conscious media content to its subscribers in over 130 countries. Over 90% of its 7,500 titles are available for streaming exclusively on Gaia through most devices connected to the Internet.
As the world’s largest subscription video on-demand (SVOD) provider of transformational media, dedicated to empowering you in body, mind and spirit, we have a unique opportunity to drive meaningful change in our world through streaming content that awakens and transforms. This opportunity also extends to our community of creative, open-minded, conscious living enthusiasts who make up our employee base - a strong, established team of professionals. Some of the perks of working collaboratively with a team dedicated to sharing this mission, include access to the on-site Olympic quality gym, complimentary daily yoga and fitness classes, a beautiful solar-powered orchard campus, complete with hiking and running trails and labyrinth, and an on-site organic café which serves breakfast and lunch daily.
Full-time employees are offered relocation cost reimbursement, alternative and traditional medical benefits including preventative coverage; as well as dental, vision, 401K, life insurance and more.