General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) engineers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 12,000+ top professionals, we partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas. Given the nature of our work and who we are, we value trust, honesty, alignment and transparency. We offer highly competitive benefits and pride ourselves in being a great place to work with a shared sense of purpose. You will also enjoy a flexible work environment where contributions are recognized and rewarded. If who we are and what we do resonates with you, we invite you to join our high performance team!
General Dynamics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce. EOE/Disability/Veteran
- This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $30,000 for New Hires Only
- Our Employee Referral Program offers a $20k Referral Bonus for any candidate referred by an employee and hired for this position.
- A Relocation package may be available for this position
Imagine a world-class engineering environment. Now add a team of exceptional talent along with technologies that are so advanced they’re often classified. That’s what you’ll find at General Dynamics Mission Systems. Here you’ll lead amazing engineers as they invent the technologies, products and services that help our service members, intelligence analysts and first responders keep our nation safe. If you want the chance to lead, it’s time to bring your talent to General Dynamics Mission Systems.
We apply advanced technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Blockchain, AR/VR, Cloud Native and Quantum Physics to solve our customers’ missions in cyber, RF, undersea, interstellar and everything in between.
With your proficiency in grasping and applying new information quickly, the Embedded Engineer will be proficient in C/C++, and comfortable reading/writing of assembler, as well as understanding of, but not limited to Linux and VxWorks real time operating systems. You’ll be involved in Protocol Analysis, Vulnerability Assessment, Security Research, Rapid Prototyping of proof of concept capabilities. It’s your chance to step up to the challenge and prove you’re ready to lead the world.
Bachelor of Science in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) related field, plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
Department of Defense TS/SCI security clearance with a Polygraph is required at time of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
What you’ll experience:
- Technologies that aren’t just top-notch, they’re often top-secret
- A team of bold thinkers committed to exploring what’s next
- Opportunities to gain new knowledge – as it’s discovered
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master’s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Fully proficient knowledge of operating system fundamentals (interrupts, threading, virtual memory, device drivers) and internals (memory layouts and management, binary file formats)
- Fully proficient knowledge in low-level programming of device drivers in a Unix, Linux, or Windows environment
- Experience in Reverse Engineering tools, both COTS and GOTS is a plus
What sets you apart:
- Creative thinking with the ability to multi-task
- Consistently displays high performance attributes
- Team player who thrives in collaborative environments and revels in team success
Shall have 6 years or more of knowledge and experience in two (2) or more of the following:
- System Requirements Analysis
- Software System Design
- Software System Development
- Software System Integration
- Software System Testing
Shall have 5 years or more of experience in three (3) or more of the following:
- Developing embedded software systems in assembly C or C++
- Developing embedded software systems for Unix, Linux, Windows, VxWorks, JunOS, or vendor-proprietary operating systems
- Experience with operating system internals for Unix, Linux, Windows, VxWorks, JunOS, or vendor-proprietary operating systems
- Reverse engineering and analysis of software
- Low-level programming of device drivers in a Unix, Linux, or Windows environment
- Bit-level data analysis
- Systems engineering of large scale embedded systems