For more than 20 years Global Relay has set the standard and trends in compliant communications with our multi-award winning unified communications, data capture, and data analysis platform. We securely capture and manage the world’s communications data and give its owners greater control and visibility to drive value and ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of a large variety of industries and authorities.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other typical things you expect, but we are not your typical company. Global Relay is a career-making company. It is a place for big ideas, new challenges, and cutting-edge innovation. It is a place where you can make an impact.
The Senior Java Developer is a member of a small, highly focused team, responsible for building services for highly scalable and robust messaging, data acquisition and archiving systems, using leading edge technologies. This is an opportunity to work alongside some of the best Java developers in Vancouver and apply your craft in an environment that encourages creative thinking and autonomy. We encourage our developers to think beyond a single component to build complete system solutions. Challenge yourself by learning new technologies, and apply your skills across our different projects and application domains. If you are committed to code that is clean, well-tested, well-reviewed, performant and secure then you’ll fit in around here.
- Micro-services Container Platforms (OpenShift, Kubernetes, CRC, Docker)
- NoSQL DBs (Cassandra, MongoDB, HBase, Zookeeper, ArangoDB)
- Serialization libraries (Thrift, Protocol Buffers)
- Large scale data processing (Hadoop, Kafka)
- Dependency injection frameworks (Guice, Spring)
- Text search engines (Lucene, ElasticSearch)
- CI/CD Build tools: Maven, Git, Jenkins
- Frameworks: Vert.x, Spring Boot
- Design, implement and provide architectural guidance in deploying high data volume services as a part of an agile development team
- Write unit and integration tests for your Java code
- Collaborate with testers in development of functional test cases
- Develop deployment systems for Java based systems
- Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement
- Monitor and support the operation of production systems
- Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues
- Pair programming and peer reviews
- Minimum 8 years of Java development experience in an Agile environment, building scalable, multi-threaded applications and services
- API development experience in service and resource-oriented architectures
- Fluency with Linux
- Passion for Test Driven Development
- Understanding of network protocols such as HTTP, TLS, TCP
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- High data volume distributed systems
- Soft real-time systems
- Experience doing performance tuning
- Big Data technologies, such as Hadoop, Kafka, and Cassandra, to build applications that contain petabytes of data and process millions of transactions per day
- Cloud computing, virtualization and containerization
- Continuous integration systems
- Deployment technology such as Ansible
- Full text searching/indexing and tokenization
At Global Relay there is no ceiling. This is the land of opportunity for the energetic, intelligent, and driven people that make this company great. The combination of the right people in the right positions and a rapidly growing company means unlimited career potential.
You will receive the mentoring, coaching, and support that you need to reach your personal and career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that promotes and rewards hard work and creativity and will grow into the new opportunities that are available to you.
To learn more about our business, culture, and community involvement, visit www.globalrelay.com.