For more than 20 years Global Relay has set the standard and trends in compliant communications with our multi-award winning unified communications, data capture, and data analysis platform. We securely capture and manage the world’s communications data and give its owners greater control and visibility to drive value and ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of a large variety of industries and authorities.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other typical things you expect, but we are not your typical company. Global Relay is a career-making company. It is a place for big ideas, new challenges, and cutting-edge innovation. It is a place where you can make an impact.
As a development team member, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth operation of production systems that are a key component in our archiving and search applications. At Global Relay you’ll use leading edge technologies to deploy and manage 1000’s of servers and the infrastructure that delivers a highly scalable and available service. You will also play a critical role in proposing solutions, automating processes, documenting systems components and contributing to the overall product.
The role involves cross-team collaboration and communication; you will be working closely with key stakeholders to ensure that product requirements are met. This is an opportunity to influence the design and implementation of systems at scales that many do not get a chance to work at.
- NoSQL DBs (Cassandra, Zookeeper)
- Deployment Automation (Puppet, Fabric, Ansible)
- Continuous Integration Systems (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Build Management Tools (Git, Maven)
- Scripting (Python, Ruby)
- Monitor the performance and improve reporting on production systems
- Database administration and report generation on production systems
- Enhance deployment procedures and participate in deployments
- Maintain and improve build and continuous integration system
- Ensure proper management of test and staging environments
- Design and execute performance benchmarks
- General system administration tasks on Linux and Solaris platforms
- Provide 3rd level support
- Experience as a System Administrator or as a Developer with Operations experience
- Experience with Puppet, Ansible, or Fabric
- Experience with Maven or other build systems
- Experience doing service level measurement and analytics
- Experience with configuration management
- Linux/Unix system administration and/or Windows Server system administration
- Experience with Python, Ruby, Bash
- Experience with Zabbix, Nagios, or other monitoring systems
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Java development experience is an asset
At Global Relay there is no ceiling. This is the land of opportunity for the energetic, intelligent, and driven people that make this company great. The combination of the right people in the right positions and a rapidly growing company means unlimited career potential.
You will receive the mentoring, coaching, and support that you need to reach your personal and career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that promotes and rewards hard work and creativity and will grow into the new opportunities that are available to you.