For more than 20 years Global Relay has set the standard and trends in compliant communications with our multi-award winning unified communications, data capture, and data analysis platform. We securely capture and manage the world’s communications data and give its owners greater control and visibility to drive value and ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements of a large variety of industries and authorities.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits and all the other typical things you expect, but we are not your typical company. Global Relay is a career-making company. It is a place for big ideas, new challenges, and cutting-edge innovation. It is a place where you can make an impact.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will be part of a small, highly focused team responsible for delivery of highly scalable and robust services within Global Relay’s platform. You will work directly in code to design testing solutions for web applications and API services of a large scale system. You will drive continual improvement in your team’s automation frameworks and coverage while mentoring other SDETs in the team on industry leading test practices. You will support the team’s testing efforts to ensure quality of coverage, quality of code and quality of delivery.
- Design, develop and maintain automation frameworks, infrastructure and tools
- Define and automate test cases that verify product requirements
- Participate in team planning and story grooming
- Participate in test execution, issue identification and resolution in support of the release
- Provide suggestions to improve automation and test processes
- Provide training, mentorship and support to other members on the team
- Conduct code reviews, improve and maintain quality of the automation code
- Document the automation framework, tools and infrastructure
- Minimum 8 years of experience in software testing
- Minimum 5 years of experience in test development
- Strong understanding of Java or OOP language to ramp up quickly on java
- Strong understanding of testing practices in an agile environment
- Experience with unit testing frameworks such as JUnit
- Experience with any of the following is an asset:
- Testing backend systems or APIs
- Testing web applications with Selenium WebDriver
- Testing performance with JMeter or similar tools
- Web services technology such as REST, JSON or Thrift
- Big data technology such as Hadoop, MongoDB, Kafka or SQL
- Network principles and protocols such as HTTP, TLS and TCP
- Continuous integration systems such as Jenkins or Bamboo
At Global Relay there is no ceiling. This is the land of opportunity for the energetic, intelligent, and driven people that make this company great. The combination of the right people in the right positions and a rapidly growing company means unlimited career potential.
You will receive the mentoring, coaching, and support that you need to reach your personal and career goals. You’ll be part of a culture that promotes and rewards hard work and creativity and will grow into the new opportunities that are available to you.