Technology Support Specialist
The following teams make up the Technology department: Business Analysis and Quality Assurance, Applications Development, Applications Support, and Engineering. The group identifies and develops technological strategies that support GVI’s business goals and objectives to ensure internal and external partners are provided with stable systems. These
include: all desktop, network, phone and email systems, applications (reservations and operations systems), websites, and Internet access.
The role of the Technology Support Specialist is to serve the business and contribute to its success. That service will be realized by Championing personal, team, department and company goals and strategies with a commitment to excellence and a spirit of perseverance.
The Technology Support Specialist is responsible for the following results:
· Supporting users of applications including APIs, travel Apps, Tour Director Portals by troubleshooting business rules, data and application features using its current
· Providing excellent customer service to end users
· Responding to telephone calls, help desk tickets, email and personnel requests for technical support
· Documenting and tracking problems then following up to ensure a timely resolution
· Consult with peers and users to define and resolve business data processing problems
· Provide input to software product review and selection
· Express ideas for process improvements to increase flexibility, reduce costs, and improve user experience
· Contribute to a team effort by accomplishing tasks as assigned
· Cross-train as needed to support or back up team members
· Promote positive relationships internally and externally
The preferred candidate will hold an Associate degree and two to three years’ related experience or two to five years related technical customer support experience.
The preferred candidate has noteworthy experience in the following areas:
· Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite including Visio
· Ability to create technical documentation using flowcharts, data flow diagrams
· Trouble analysis and resolution with software applications
· Understanding of APIs, XML is a plus