Goody is hiring a Senior Software Engineer (Ruby, Rails, React) who moves at a startup pace, likes to ship fast, and is motivated by building delightful products.
Goody is a gifting platform that makes personal and professional gifting easy — you don’t need an address, and you don’t need to worry if your recipient prefers something else (e.g. dietary restrictions, or already have the gift), since they can swap their gift. We also offer an API to plug in gifting and commerce to any app.
We help people celebrate milestones, recognize achievements, close deals, and make clients feel valued through thoughtful gifts that make people’s days. Our product is used by Google, Stripe, Meta, NBCUniversal, Notion, and others.
Despite being something everyone does, gifting is one of the areas of commerce yet to be disrupted, and our mission is to capture that market opportunity and spread joy and positivity.
Most important qualities
- Startup mindset. You move extremely fast — you can ship a sizable feature in a week or less. As a startup, our advantage is agility and speed. You should move at a startup pace, and be known to be faster than your peers in shipping code.
- You have a critical eye for detail and user experience. Good design is no longer a luxury; it’s now table stakes. Every well‑designed product we use had good designers, yes, but ultimately they also had excellent developers who had an instinct for what looks good and works well. One of our product’s advantages is superior UI/UX, and your ability to know what ‘good’ looks like is instrumental, and you should be motivated by building delightful products.
- You thrive when given autonomy and ownership, and can design a technical architecture for a feature from scratch. As a full-stack engineer, you’ll have full ownership and responsibility of your engineering projects, and you’ll be expected to create technical designs with the right trade-offs and find solutions to roadblocks.
Production experience with Ruby (Rails optional), TypeScript, and a frontend framework like React
- Deep experience building complex SPA web applications and API backends
- Writing code that balances speed, reliability, and quality
- Ideally, you have previous startup experience
This is a remote opportunity within North and South America.
What we offer
Base salary range of $170–240K USD plus stock options. Health insurance. Generous PTO policy. Remote work. Office stipend and yearly education budget. No LeetCode interview questions.
Our tech stack is Ruby, Rails, React, React Native, GraphQL, Tailwind, and Postgres.