Greenhouse is searching for a Senior Software Engineer to join our team!
We provide stability, product development best practices, and an environment where every engineer directly impacts the success of our software. As a member of the engineering team, you will be the driver of a swift software release cycle and be able to select which projects you’ll work on based on their value added. Every engineer is given the reigns to continuously iterate on the Greenhouse platform, improve our codebase’s long-term quality, and empower the team to develop and grow.
Learn more about our engineering culture here!
Who will love this job:
- A standout colleague – you thrive off of developing and supporting your peers and junior teammates; no job is too small for you
- A doer – you get things done, you move quickly, and you love working in a dynamic environment
- A problem solver – you not only think about the bigger picture but can also connect the dots and dedicatedly resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- An excellent communicator – you have a knack for explaining technical processes concisely (even to non-engineers), and work well with cross-functional internal teams
What you’ll do:
- Write clear and concise production code for the Greenhouse Recruiting platform
- Provide useful and constructive feedback by reviewing others’ work
- Deliver new features by regularly collaborating with Product Managers, Designers, and other software engineers
- Set consistent standards for code; testing and fixing bugs throughout the process
- Work with internal product teams on defining product roadmaps, specifications, and priorities
- Establish processes that will improve Greenhouse’s code quality
You should have:
- Experience in writing production code (required)
- Experience working in the full-stack
- Experience with Rails or another web-based framework, nice to have
- Experience with Sidekiq/Redis/Queue’s
- Experience with Postgres
- Passion for working in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Your own unique talents! If you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications outlined above, tell us why you’d be a great fit for this role in your cover letter.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada as of the start date chosen by the Company.
For purposes of processing or administering your employment relationship, personal information that you provide to the Company may be transferred to and accessed by an affiliate in the United States or elsewhere, or to agents and contractors (such as payroll companies, insurance companies, information technology consultants, etc.) that provide services to the Company.
The national pay range for this role is $142,500 – $158,650 annually. Individual compensation will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience and local cost of labor. Certain roles may be eligible for additional compensation, including stock option awards, bonuses, and merit increases. Additionally, certain roles have the opportunity to receive sales commissions that are based on the terms of the sales commission plan applicable to the role.