Halliburton invites qualified candidates to apply for the Software Lead/Architect position. The Software Lead/Architect will leverage his/her strong software design and programming skills to provide technical leadership and build software solutions to address complex business needs.
- Technical lead for software development project teams
- Provide solution blueprints, build architectural framework, and develop real-time scientific software
- Work with Product Management to interpret business requirements into technical specifications
- Individual coding and can troubleshoot design and code bottlenecks, performing code reviews quickly and efficiently
- Provides technical direction in area of specialty on major products.
- Mentor, direct and monitor the work of other programming personnel across large scale development projects including involvement in design and milestone reviews.
- Operate unsupervised and is called on to consult for the most complex design projects.
- Assess and recommend tools, technical stack, and processes for optimal product delivery
- Conceives, proposes, and sells new ideas and products in the engineering organization and guides their implementation to a final product.
- Works on designs that span several groups or affect hardware decisions.
Required Education and Skills
- BS in computer science or related STEM field
- 7+ years experience leading AGILE teams
- Fluency in several programming languages/technologies such as C++, C#, Python, XML, JSON, WCF, WPF, XAML with the ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly
- Experience developing software that directly interfaces with electrical devices (sending/receiving data, controlling electrical devices via software)
- Strong knowledge developing real time multiple threaded applications
- Proficiency with MVVM, MVC, OOO design patterns, SOLID design principles
- Understanding of common DevOps, CICD processes and SDLC methodologies
- Demonstrated teamwork, strong communication skills in complex engineering projects, involving mechanical and electrical engineers, acoustic and electromagnetic scientists
- MS, PhD in computer science or related STEM field
- Strong C++ is preferred
- Experience modernizing legacy software such as MATLAB applications
- Understanding of EDGE devices and real-time acquisition applications – troubleshooting from firmware to the software application layers
- Strong preference for prior experience building petrotechnical and real-time acquisition software in the O&G industry, especially wireline logging tools
- Hands-on experience in designing and developing thin-client software
- Experience with SOA architectural style, specifically in microservices development
- HPC experience – Multi-threading, CUDA, Spark processing
- Experience with cloud computing platforms such as Azure Docker containers, Kubernetes, DataBricks
- Knowledge of Machine Learning frameworks and packages
- Data modeling and database design experience
- Node.js, Angular, React, protobuf, grpc, ASP.NET