- Client: Major Bank
- Role: Lead Mobile Developer
- Duration: 6 months, very likely to extend
- Rate: open for negotiation
- Location: Vancouver, BC
Multiple Roles for Android and iOS Developers
Our client, a globally recognized bank is looking to hire multiple Mobile Developers for a minimum 6 months based in Vancouver.
Your New Company
A leading bank, with multiple offices across Canada and throughout the world are looking to establish a team in Vancouver (Americas team) to work with the UK team for enhancements, customization, & releases and are looking to add multiple Mobile (Android and iOS) Developers for a 6 month project in their Vancouver office. They have an excellent reputation within their sector and are known as a market leader.
Your New Role
As an Mobile Developer you should be a passionate technologist, who champions quality and knows how to deliver. They will work in a cross functional team to deliver & support best-in-class mobile banking app, alongside with Software developers, Test Automation, Engineers, Product Owners and Scrum Masters.
- Work closely with Product Owner to understand the requirements and take it to implementation.
- Enjoy working with a global team of engineers to solve interesting technical challenges, you will be connected with top developers in UK & HK, and India.
What You’ll Need to Succeed
For Android Developer
- Hands on experience on using Kotlin to develop Android App
- Have experience in Dagger2, Rxjava2, Retrofit2, familiar with third party lib integration
- Very good with UI and Core Architectural Design patterns
- Solid experience in writing Unit Tests and UI tests
- Must be familiar with Junit, Mockito and Espresso
- Experience with source code versioning tools, specifically Github – required
- Agile experience – required
- Experience in setting up CI and with continuous integration tools
- Familiar with security concepts and integration – e.g. https, cert pinning, encryption and decryption and data protection
For iOS Developer
- Swift version 4 or later
- Unit testing/UI Testing
- Agile experience
Nice to have:
- Encryption & security experience
- Python or ruby development experience
- Library framework experience
- RX Swift experience (bank is phasing this out, it would be nice if a candidate has it)
- Design patterns, Automation + tool development
What You’ll get in Return
The client is offering a 6 month engagement, with a high likelihood of extension and a very competitive rate for an incorporated contractor.