Who We Are
HighVail (est. 2003) is a Solutions Integrator focused on Digital Transformation and IT Modernization, with an emphasis on Cloud, DevOps enablement, and emerging technologies.
Our culture is focused on entrepreneurial spirit, dependability, commitment to excellence, and caring for people. More than just a team, we are a closely-knit family of professionals passionate about delivering advice that empowers, and technology that enables.
What You’ll Do
The Software Developer works with an interdisciplinary team that collectively architects, designs, develops, tests, implements and potentially oversees the ongoing operation and maintenance of software solutions. The Software Developer is responsible for designing fully functioning, debugged code with required documentation that meets development goals.
· Design, code, and test major features in collaboration with generalist and specialist team members who are collectively responsible for the development of complex software solutions.
· Ensure the functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and system architecture for each assignment.
· Interact with key partners and internal users regarding timelines, technical issues, and infrastructure integration.
· Mentor and supervise junior developers.
· Contribute to the improvement of overall development and operations processes through the promotion of DevOps practices.
· Stay current with trends, techniques, technology and other factors impacting the job.
· Actively participate in team meetings and offer recommendations /ideas on design projects.
· Other tasks as required
What We Are Looking For
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent job experience
Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a technical software development role
Minimum 2 years’ experience in requirements analysis, design, coding and unit testing of scalable, distributed, fault-tolerant applications
Minimum 2 years’ experience working with a relational database. Non-relational (e.g. No-SQL, Hadoop) data management experience is an asset
Work experience in object-oriented design methodology and application development in Java using enterprise frameworks
Experience with multiple programming languages and models preferred
Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies
Strong writing, content development, and editing skills
Superior time management skills and the ability to prioritize tasks with to deliver value
High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
Technically sound but social people who are looking to collaborate with others
People who like a challenge – We are here to support you and help you grow!
Self-starters who are motivated to get the job done
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
What You Get
Freedom to get your work done
Career and skill development opportunities, including company sponsored training
Varied work in which you will have regular learning opportunities
Competitive salary and benefits
An unlimited LinkedIn Learning account for your own personal growth and development
Colleagues who care
Opportunities to work with a variety of technology across vendors
An entrepreneurial environment in which you can make a real difference
Equal Opportunity Statement
At HighVail, we understand that our differences help make us stronger. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity for the benefit of each other, our customers, and our community. HighVail is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, colour, ethnic origin/ancestry, religion, sex/gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital/family status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.