We are building the world’s best search engine for vacation rentals. Our vision is to finally make finding and booking the right rental easy. What sets us apart? The technology and data driven brains behind! We take pride in using cutting edge technologies like ElasticSearch, TensorFlow and Nanoservices to build a superior product. Do you want to get your hands dirty on self-developed tools and software? Then Holidu is the right place for you!
Our Tech Stack
- RESTful APIs with Java 8, Play 2.4, Guice & Spring, Ebean
- Search engine with Elasticsearch 5.2.0 cluster
- SPA Frontend in AngularJS 1.5.3, JQuery 2.2.3, Less, HTML5
- Hosting at Amazon Web Services
- Data storages with PostgreSQL 9.5, MongoDB 3, Redis 2.8
- Continuous Integration with Jenkins
- Nano services with Amazon Lambda
- Virtualization with Docker, automatization with Ansible
- Monitoring with ELK 5.2.0, NewRelic and own technologies
- Versioning with Git
- BigData und Machine/Deep Learning with Redshift, Spark and TensorFlow
What you will do
- Continuously refine our search technology by dealing with ElasticSearch, Big Data and Machine/Deep Learning
- Drive automatization of processes
- Create highly scalable applications with state of the art technologies
- Collaborate closely together with our Data-Scientists
What we are looking for
- At least 3+ years of practical experience during or after your studies
- Extensive experience in high-scaling Java development running on a cloud infrastructure
- Knowledge of Lucene-based technologies like ElasticSearch and Solr
- Well-structured approach to problem analysis and solution development
- Knowledge of Design Patterns and their applicability
What you can expect from us
- An international team of technology enthusiasts where you can take over responsibility from the first day
- Access to experienced mentors who are CTOs and heads of leading technology companies such as Spotify, Zalando, GetPrice, SK Gaming etc.
- Your ideas and technologies will have a high impact on Holidu.
- Possibilities to attend meetups and conferences.
- Internal Hackathons and Innovation-Days to work on and present innovative ideas and technologies.
- Fun team activities like BBQs, soccer, parties, ski-trips, etc.
- Best coffee in town and a relaxed startup atmosphere in the heart of Munich (If you don’t believe us, swing by and have a coffee chat with us)
Want to join us? Then go ahead and post a message to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV. Please indicate where you found our job ad. Your contact: Michael Siebers
About Holidu GmbH
Founded in 2014 and based in Munich, Holidu is a global price comparison platform for holiday homes. To this end, Holidu scans and aggregates 6,795,094 rentals from all of the key vacation rental websites. Users appreciate our quick, transparent and comprehensive price comparison – and can save up to 55%!
The variety of properties on offer is equally impressive. From simple to stylish, from chalet to finca, from rustic shack to elegant mansion: Holidu has the right property for any taste and budget. And while all partner sites have undergone careful review, aggregated user ratings ensure that the chosen property is up to standard.
So, start your holiday before it starts: By letting Holidu take the effort out of finding your perfect holiday home.
The people behind Holidu, a team of travel and technology enthusiasts, have made it their mission to create the world’s best search engine for vacation rentals. In Munich and Karlsruhe, experts from multiple nations are busy polishing this global platform – a dedicated bunch of creatives, tech heads and vacation rental specialists who have set their hearts and minds on perfecting the search for the ideal holiday rental and making the market truly transparent.
Founded in 2014 by brothers Johannes Siebers and Michael Siebers to make finding and booking holiday rentals a great deal easier, the initial spark and idea behind Holidu seemed only too obvious: Why was booking a holiday home so much harder than finding a flight or hotel? Why did such a simple search and price comparison have to be so confusing and complicated?
This challenge spawned the idea that drives the platform to this day: to develop the very best price comparison site for global vacation rentals.