EXPLORE A NEW WORLD OF POSSIBILITIES:
At HomeToGo, we’re on a mission to make incredible accommodation easily accessible for everyone. Our team is united by a passion for travel, driven by innovation and impact, and guided by open-minded leaders at every level. Our commitment to recognizing and empowering exceptional talent is the foundation of our growth. —We are actively hiring candidates from all around the world, including sponsoring visas for Germany. An amazing journey of opportunity with an international team lies ahead – Join us!
YOUR FUTURE CONTRIBUTION:
We are building a new tech team in the Berlin office and are looking for a senior front-end engineer. You will join the Search Experience team to work mostly on the search results page – the most visible part of HomeToGo. We serve millions of users daily and because we only have seconds to make the first impression, it’s crucial for us to deliver the best user experience. You will work directly with product owners to plan features, mentor your colleagues, and suggest impactful improvements.
HOW YOU’LL ADD VALUE:
– Develop new user-facing features to help drive conversions and improve user experience.
– Work closely with business stakeholders to identify requirements, plan milestones, and improve product features by measuring performance.
– Choose adequate technical and business metrics to monitor features and manage risk.
– Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs, long-term reliability, scalability, and maintainability.
– Write “clean”, well-designed code and follow best practices.
– Develop features for both mobile and desktop with a “mobile first” mentality.
YOU’LL BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE IF YOU:
– Have excellent JS, HTML, and CSS programming skills.
– Are proficient with modern Front-end tools: TypeScript, React, Redux, etc..
– Have experience with common front-end development tools such as Webpack, Yarn, etc.
– Have experience with behavioral tests such as Cypress (preferred, but not essential).
– Have a solid understanding of responsive design and best practices.
– Have experience on building large scale single-page applications.
– Have strong technical ability to develop designs into efficient and reusable code.
– Know how to use version control system Git.
– Can speak fluent English.
WHAT HOMETOGO OFFERS:
Career growth opportunities and promotions, 360° feedback and open feedback culture, mentoring opportunities from an international team of passionate, industry experts.
Culture driven by our Leadership Principles: entrepreneurial, results-driven, encouraging ownership and enabling each other to succeed. Transparency about company goals, collaboration and support from an international team.
Caring for the environment (proud to be a certified ClimatePartner and a climate neutral company!) as well as our employees (work-life balance, weekly yoga classes, personal training discounts, mentoring program and psychological support).
Attractive benefits package, including competitive compensation, flexible remote work policy, visa sponsorship and relocation support. Additional benefits include language courses, full IT support and equipment, internal workshops and trainings, company and team events, modern and centrally-located office, additional holidays, Travel Industry Card.
Check out what your future colleagues have said about us on Glassdoor and Kununu!
WHO WE ARE:
HomeToGo is a marketplace with the world’s largest selection of vacation rentals, listing millions of offers from thousands of trusted partners, including Airbnb, Booking.com, Vrbo and TripAdvisor. From vacation homes, cabins, beach houses, apartments, condos, house boats, castles, farm stays and everything in between, HomeToGo combines price, destination, dates and amenities to find the perfect accommodation for any trip worldwide.
Founded in 2014, HomeToGo employs more than 350 people and manages 23 local apps & websites across Europe, North America, South America, Australia and Asia-Pacific. HomeToGo also operates brands such as Tripping.com, CASAMUNDO and Wimdu.