HONK is the on-demand mobile app for tow, tire change, jump start, fuel and lock out services. We are well funded by top tier VCs working out of a brand new creative office space in a roadside services market with untapped and massive potential. We’ve doubled our headcount from 25 to 50 in the past two months and aim to double again by end of year. We love data and anything that helps drive intelligent decisions.
We are looking for a versatile Software Engineer who can do everything – from building mobile web & iOS apps and working on our back-end RoR system and APIs to interfacing with our in-vehicle OBD2/GPS devices. You need to be able to hit the ground running in our relaxed yet fast-paced environment – we are data driven, iterate quickly and push new code every day.
- Work with our CTO to design & architect new products & features. We are a new startup, so you have a clean slate to build it right.
- Build out our back-end RoR app.
- Work with our UI/UX guru to extend our existing mobile web app and create new, compelling web experiences.
- Design & implement mobile apps on iOS/Android. We currently use Phonegap, but we are looking to go native.
- Two plus years developing highly dynamic web applications.
- Solid software engineering skills in an agile environment.
- Experience with multiple of the following, and the ability to quickly pick up new technologies & skills:Ruby on Rails apps & RESTful APIs.
- Mobile iOS/Android apps.
- Telephony apps built on Twilio or similar services.
- Real-time, location based systems.
- SQL & NoSQL databases – PostgreSQL & Redis.
- Scalability & performance management of large scale systems.
- Solid OO design skills.
- Experience with all the usual tools (git, pivotal tracker)
Why work at HONK
- Competitive compensation with multiple medical/dental/vision package to fit your needs
- Food/shopping/theater discounts, free drinks, snacks, and a lot more
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- A colorful/creative work environment in the heart of the Westside
- Work with team dedicated to building a better future for drivers everywhere and making HONK a top company to work for with an unrivaled culture