At Indoc Research, we design, build and manage complex health data infrastructure for prominent research organizations across the globe. We deploy large scale informatics platforms involving wide-ranging and complex health data modalities (e.g., imaging, genomics, clinical assessments, wearables) across multiple disease areas including brain, cardiovascular, and cancer.
We are currently seeking a mid-level developer responsible for the front-end architecture and development of our data portal. The front-end team is using a stack including ES6, React, Redux, Webpack, NodeJS. This position is located in Toronto, Canada.
As our ideal candidate, you are looking for a dynamic multidisciplinary team of engineers and researchers who bring their diverse expertise to solve hard problems. You are prepared to bring your drive, experience, and passion to contribute at all levels to the entire team.
This is an exciting opportunity to leverage and stretch your strong web development skills as an integral team member. You need to be proficient in slicing mock-ups, building website templates, building robust data driven UI, and integrating the back-end APIs developed by our data engineers. The position is ideal for those who are self-motivated, creative and visually oriented, dependable individuals who have a high level of technical and communication skills.
- 3+ years of experience in front-end development, with recent experience in agile software engineering environments
- You must have developed and shipped complex web applications at scale
- You must have demonstrated skills in implementing UI workflows including user management, content management
- You must have solid experience in React, Redux, ES6, JQuery, Bootstrap or equivalent
- Deep understanding of web development life cycle
- Experience with rendering large data sets and near-real-time content services and visualization, using standards-based approaches
- Be able to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment, and meet required schedules and timelines
- You must have the ability to interact well with coworkers and teammate
- You must have outstanding skills in communicating complex technical issues and in providing comprehensive written, oral and/or digital products (including document organization and technical writing)
- You must have good analytic skills and the ability to apply these skills in a multi-tasking environment where more than one project may require your participation at a given time (typically one primary project and one or two ancillary projects)
- Can deal with ambiguity and manage requests for change
- Demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative team across multiple disciplines
- Willingness to research and learn new approaches and technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
How to Apply:
- Please submit your resume and cover letter
- Please include samples that demonstrate your skills if possible