Inductive Automation, the leader in cutting-edge software for the industrial sector and beyond, is looking to add talented people to our rapidly growing team!
As a Software Engineer – Java, you will be part of the core product development team and responsible for taking technical ideas and concepts and contributing to the overall solution design, architecture, and development efforts associated with mobile and full-stack applications. You will be responsible for developing new features and projects for our primary product, Ignition, as well as have a hand in product maintenance and improvement. Remote positions are available.
If you are looking for a work environment where creativity and collaboration are encouraged, new ideas are valued, and opportunities for development and growth abound, then this is an ideal position for you.
What will you do?
- Be independently responsible for the entire lifecycle of projects or features including engineering design and development
- Implement new features and changes with an eye for security, reliability, and performance
- Work with team members and adjacent teams to solve problems
- Help maintain software by fixing issues identified by support and QA teams
- Perform complex and precise troubleshooting to pinpoint root causes for reported issues
- Participate in agile development process (SCRUM)
- Perform code reviews to help verify changes made by other developers
What are the requirements?
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related study and 2+ years of Java programming experience, OR 4+ years of
- Java programming experience
- Object-oriented design experience
- Modern toolchain and source control familiarity, e.g. Git
- Familiarity with agile methodologies, e.g. SCRUM
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following: Java Concurrency / Multithreading, Swing or JavaFX, Networking protocols, Security, including cryptography, certificates, and identity providers, Mobile application development (iOS and/or Android)
Benefits and Perks
- 100% Covered Health Care: Don’t pay a dime for your medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Remote Flexibility: Work from home, in our beautiful office, or a combination of both. It’s up to you.
- Work/Life Balance: Create a work schedule that fits your needs.
- Paid Time Off: Receive paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
- 401k with Match: Save for the future with our company-matching 401k program
- World-Class Headquarters: While on-site, enjoy complimentary snacks and beverages, then challenge a friend to a game of pool, table tennis, shuffleboard, or foosball
Published rates are based on Sacramento area; pay for remote positions is reviewed & established based on specific location.
Pay rates: (118k – 132k).
At this time, we are unable to offer employment for individuals located outside of the United States and/or those who require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status). We know you’ve got a lot of options when seeking an employer where your skills and talents will shine, so we really appreciate that you considered us.