InteraXon has recently launched the second generation of our consumer wearable EEG product “Muse: the brain sensing headband” in the US, Canada, and internationally(see: http://choosemuse.com). The Muse mobile app teaches users how to meditate while giving them real-time feedback on how they are doing. It helps to solve some fundamental difficulties with learning to meditate, such as: “how do I do it?”, “how do I know if I am doing it right?”, and “how do I stay motivated?”. Our goal is to unlock human potential.
The Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for a talented and dedicated developer who would like to help us to continue to build out our cloud and big data platform for storing EEG data. The core skills are developing backend web services in Python on Google Cloud Platform. The ideal candidate should have a strong background in computer science with solid OOP and software architecture skills. This person should enjoy writing excellent documentation and tests for their code. We practice “outsourcing” everything except our core value proposition, so part of your work would be to find external libraries or services that will fulfill a need instead of writing it yourself. Since we build a meditation app, part of the job involves learning about and practicing meditation.
What We Are Looking For
There are four main questions we are trying to answer when finding someone to join our team: 1) do you like what we are building?, 2) do you get along with everyone on the team? 3) do you like what you do? 4) are you amazing at what you do?
- MySQL and one of the NoSQL databases such as NDB, Mongo, Dynamo, Couch, etc.
- Experience building REST APIs
- Understanding of web development
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and computer science principles
- Comfortable in Git
- Familiarity with software development life cycle and agile methodology
- Experience with writing clear, straightforward, and concise code
- Willingness to learn and practice meditation
- Computer Science degree, Masters desired
- Experience with unit testing and end-to-end testing methodologies
- Google Cloud Platform experience
- HTML, CSS
Where we are
We are located in Toronto at 511 King Street West in vibrant King West. The 504 King 510 Spadina streetcars are steps from our office. Excellent coffee shops abound on all sides.
Benefits & Perks
- Excellent health benefits package
- Stock options
- Be part of a tight-knit, trusting, authentic, joyful, lively, and human-focused team
- Meditation and yoga sessions each week
- Rooftop patio with BBQ
If this sounds like your dream job tell us why you’re interested in working at InteraXon. A cover letter is required — we want to know what motivates you to choose InteraXon as a place to work!
About InteraXon Inc.
Our mission is to create engaging and meaningful experiences based on brain sensing technology -- apps that help people live healthier and happier lives. We design, engineer, and implement these systems in-house from the ground up with our robust, agile, and diverse team. Our work environment behind-the-scenes reflects the core values that drive every product InteraXon builds.
Our work has been featured in global press including Forbes, the New York Times, and TechCrunch, and has won awards across the industry. See what people are saying: http://www.choosemuse.com/what-are-people-saying/
Interaxon is a private company and is venture capital funded.