Our highly motivated team (headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada) is expanding and is looking for a technically savvy, customer-oriented team player to join us from your remote personal home office in Sacramento, California in the position of Systems Specialist.
Who are we? In short, we’re a fast growing, award-winning company with focus on mission-critical communications that help our customers save lives. We are radio, console and dispatch experts. We are innovative, collaborative and supportive. We work with an impressive range of clients in the public safety sector within North America and our equipment handles over 10 million calls per year! AND RIGHT NOW, we are deploying console systems across California that need on-site focused customer and system support (aka YOU!).
You will be a key member of our team, requiring strong technical chops, acting as the primary on-site contact for any and ALL customer support responsibilities – installations, configuration, troubleshooting and commissioning – in addition to leading site acceptance and factory acceptance tests.
You will be the primary face-to-face support for our customers. If helping, teaching, listening to others and solving problems comes naturally to you – you will love the customer-oriented focus of this role.
Communication skills are imperative to the effectiveness of this position, as the information you receive direct from our customers and on-site will be essential for our Development and Quality Assurance departments to successfully support you in the field. Working collaboratively, you will create innovative solutions and improvements that are committed to the ISO-certified quality we promise.
High initiative and strong organizational skills will be vital, as although you will spend some time on-site with customers, you will also spend time working on your own. You will be expected to be detail-oriented and thorough in work processes, in addition to respecting the security and confidentiality of State-level information, records and systems.
Travel will be a major part of the role, making flexibility key. You’ll be working primarily across the state of California (occasionally travelling across the U.S.) and will also take time to visit our InterTalk headquarters in Nova Scotia, Canada to get to know the dynamic and fun team you’ll be working closely with, face-to-face.
This is a full-time position working Monday – Friday, although hours may vary depending on the needs of our customers. After-hours and weekend work will be expected.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer.
InterTalk Critical Information Systems is an award-winning, leading-edge company in the field of electronic communications. Headquartered in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada, InterTalk designs, manufactures and sells electronic communications equipment to public safety agencies around the world. In addition, InterTalk’s equipment is used by railroads, airports and electrical utility companies to ensure the safety of their employees and to handle day-to-day operations, logistics, planning and emergency situations.
Under the direction of the Chief Engineer, the Systems Specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Acting as the primary on-site contact for all customer support responsibilities, on-site troubleshooting, site acceptance tests and factory acceptance tests
- Ensuring customer service excellence by actively engaging in support conversations with customers, collecting system logs and ensuring all issues are resolved in a timely manner, in collaboration with InterTalk headquarters
- Building and maintaining strong customer-centric relationships, interfacing with customers on and off site in liaison with InterTalk headquarters, through regular customer communication, including proactive site visits and customer check ins
- Maintaining reliable, effective and regular communication with InterTalk team
- Managing and preparing all aspects of system and console installations, providing onsite coordination
- Completing site inspections and preparing site reports at appropriate project phases
- Configuring system equipment at customer sites and in-house, as required
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation, as required
- Executing test plans and reporting bugs and/or issues
- Completing on-site troubleshooting of hardware, software and system issues
- Assisting with the design and creation of inspection and test plans for customer projects
- Providing status reports of all projects and/or site visits, as requested
- Supporting company policies and operations related to ISO9001 quality and ISO27001 data security standards
- All other related duties as required
- LINUX/SysAdmin/IT capabilities including ability to use, troubleshoot and operate in LINUX centric environment; ability to access LINUX servers using tools such as SSH and SCP, as well as various command line tool
- Ability to troubleshoot network configurations and problems
- Experience configuring managed switches/routers/networking equipment
- Must be able to work independently, with strong time management skills and strong work ethic
- Must have the ability to work under pressure, with detail-oriented results
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Collaborative work philosophy
- Technical college degree or equivalent experience
- A minimum of three (3) years of related experience
- Radio technology background, including basic understanding of land mobile radio systems; ability to troubleshoot levels, impedances, timings and other settings; understanding of audio performance characteristics and audio processing tools such as AGC, audio compressors and EIA tone remote control
- Knowledge of radio protocols such as P25, MDC and paging would be an asset
- Amateur Radio background would be an asset
- Experience with dispatch operations would be an asset
- Remote work from personal home office, located in Sacramento area
- Reliable vehicle for local travel and current auto insurance
- Driver’s license and ability to act as primary on car rental
- Ability to travel frequently within California
- Passport holder with ability to participate in occasional travel, as required throughout the United States and Canada
- Satisfactory criminal record check
This is a full-time position. Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
InterTalk is an equal opportunity employer. If this opportunity interests you, and you meet all of the above requirements, please submit your resume and a cover letter stating salary expectations to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.