Do you want to make an impact within the Digital TV / media and broadcast industry by designing and developing cutting-edge multi-media software products which are actively used by more than 35+ million households globally?
Irdeto France is an innovative provider of software for Digital TV devices and systems for several market-leading TV Operators around the world. Irdeto France products include DVB/IP Middleware for developing set-top box applications and more (related to Android, UHD, Home Network, Video on Demand and Over-The-Top video streaming).
We work in a tight-knit team of intelligent, quality-driven Engineers in a small-sized, modern office in the heart of central Paris. We value collaboration and enjoy working closely with each other as well as frequently liaising with the Engineering teams in South Africa, India, Netherlands and China.
Every day brings a new technical challenge where you are expected to make a direct impact. You will be involved in the design and development of new features and updates for the middleware products for our customers. As a team you get to make decisions on which tools and methodologies will be used to get to the best result. There is also a vast amount of training opportunities available and support from the friendly and knowledgeable team to continue to grow as a technical professional.
Are you ready to join a fast-paced, high-tech environment, which is backed by a leading billion-dollar technology investment group?
For the team, we are looking for a dynamic, open-minded and forward-thinking (Senior) Software Development Engineer (M/F) who wants to make an impact in our team and our business worldwide. We act fast, agile and strive for the best solutions – if this suits you well, then continue reading!
Your day-to-day responsibilities:
Working closely with the Product team you will gain a strong understanding of our customers’ needs and get involved in the design, development and implementation of improvements of Irdeto’s middleware product. You will work with other colleagues on these technical challenges and interface daily with some of our technical teams abroad (i.e. remote test teams, application developers) to ensure product quality. You will also be expected to follow the scrum process, perform code reviews and document source code.
Who we are looking for:
- You have successfully obtained a Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Telecommunications or a related field.
- 5+ year hands-on experience programming software applications with Java.
- You are passionate about designing and developing complex software applications.
- Some experience with Digital TV (DVB standard), OTT streaming, or Android technologies is desirable but not essential.
- You have proficient verbal and written English skills and some knowledge of French.
- You thrive working in an international, fast-paced technology-driven environment.
- You are eligible to work in France (you must already have the needed visas/work permits before joining).
Our offer to you:
- Good compensation and benefits.
- Permanent contract (CDI).
- Be part of an international company and global technology network.
- Vast amount of learning & developments opportunities.
- Opportunity to work on niche technologies.
- Flexible working hours.
- Good atmosphere with regular delivery of fruits and other treats.
- Team events.