IUGO is rapidly expanding and seeking a mid to senior level, experienced Software Engineer to join our growing, dynamic team. As a Software Engineer at IUGO, you’ll be developing top-quality games for the iOS and Android platforms alongside a group of passionate and talented individuals.
The ideal candidate should display proven interpersonal skills, with strong abilities in communication, collaboration, and networking. They should also be highly self-motivated and display exceptional organizational skills.
We offer an environment that is challenging, rewarding, and fosters personal and professional growth. Come make great games with us!
- Develop games for the iOS and Android platforms
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team of programmers, artists, producers, and designers
- Develop tools to support mobile game development and other interventions
- Program games and applications in C/C++, Obj-C, Java, Xcode, Android SDK and our proprietary mobile platform
- 2-3+ year of professional development with iOS/Android
- 3-5+ years of relevant professional development experience
- Expert in C/C++, Obj-C, Java, Xcode, and Android SDK
- Strong foundation in logic, computer science, and mathematics, including areas such as algorithms, optimization, and vector/matrix/3D math
- Exceptional problem solving abilities
- Highly self-motivated and able to excel in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and organizational skills
- Works well in a team environment
- BS/MS in Computer Science or qualifications in a related technical discipline
- Previous experience with managing the development and shipment of games on iOS or Android platforms
- Experience with building tools for games
- Comfortable with 3D programming
- Experience with animation algorithms and AI
- Experience using OpenGL or OpenGLES
PERKS OF WORKING AT IUGO!
- Work hard / play hard environment
- Available consoles and games tables to help blow off some steam!
- Monthly company wide meetings
- Fully stocked kitchen (Great people do a Costco run for us so our bellies stay full)
- Catered lunch every Friday
- Massage chair and relaxation room
- Company sponsored events (ex: we recently took our staff to Sun Peaks)
- Company movie matinees
- Beer Friday’s
- Vitamix (who doesn’t love a vitamix?!)
What Happens Next? Our team reviews all applications, however, because we receive such high volumes of talent, we are only able to reach out to those who closely match our needs. If you are not contacted right away, don’t be discouraged as we keep all applications on file, and will contact you should a suitable role open up. Thanks for your interest in IUGO!
Please keep an eye out for our opportunities @ iugome.com/careers
- Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/iugomobile)
- Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/iugome/)
- Twitter (https://twitter.com/iugome/)
About IUGO Mobile Entertainment
IUGO (iugō: I - YOU - GO), a latin word meaning to connect, is our ultimate goal: To connect gamers with fun and amplified mobile gaming experiences. We emerged as a mobile-only game studio in Vancouver, and have continued to create and operate large-scale free-to-play mobile games on iOS and Android.
Since our founding in 2003, we have created over 30 mobile games, including self-published original games like ToyBot Diaries and Implode, as well as partner-published chart topping hits like The Walking Dead: Road To Survival, and Knights & Dragons.
We develop our games using proprietary tools, and a robust in-house engine, which give our studio the ability deliver top-grossing mobile games. We also value new technologies such as Unreal Engine 4, which is being used for our upcoming projects.
We are a tight knit crew, filled with innovative, top notch talent who have all contributed to IUGO’s success. Alongside our fun, food-filled, Beer Friday culture; we operate with lean, dedicated, and focused teams, who seek out unexplored mobile territory to bring you the next big thing.