As a Senior Software Engineer for John Deere’s Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG) you will be a key resource on a development team of software engineers. The team that you will be joining is responsible for our international golf course management software called OnLink. OnLink is currently used by golf courses in the United States and United Kingdom to manage their day-to-day course operations. Works on a product team and supports product design by planning its work, coordinating with others, and writing and testing code to deliver functionality for the complete product or products it supports. This level designs complex/significant parts of a system/sub-system or works on a complete product of a broad scope and solves well-defined problems with little guidance. May act as a work lead, providing technical coaching to other engineers and support personnel; Recognized as an expert user of critical technology; develops new software functionality for product development.
• Designs, codes, configures and tests programs and systems.
• Evaluates and implements enhancement design solutions to improve cost, quality, and performance of software applications.
• Analyzes assignments and determines software specifications that must be fulfilled to achieve objectives.
• Executes necessary documentation, as directed, or needed.
• Collaborates with other relevant stakeholders and team members to ensure that features meet business needs.
• Follows industry-standard agile software design methodology for development and documentation.